Looking for a new mobo (and a few other parts)

Song of Nephilim

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Hello everyone! I'm looking to replace my current motherboard. This is because I wish to add the following items to my PC:

-16GB RAM (Yes, it's an overkill at one glance, but I really need this much)
-An M4 128GB SSD
-A 3TB HDD

What would be the most affordable motherboard for me as far as fitting these components is concerned? And since I'm getting a new mobo, I would also like to upgrade my aging Q6600. What is currently the most affordable/cost effective upgrade to my processor?

And don't worry about my PSU ; I'm not sure myself what are its specs and will just buy a new one if I need to.

I would be most appreciative of your help, and I hope I posted this in the right section. Attached is my Speccy. Thank you very much! :D

qI9bh.jpg

Good value: http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Classic-DG43RK-Desktop-Motherboard/dp/B003E6LQ82/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353851301&sr=1-15&keywords=socket+775+ddr3+motherboard.

The board may run your ram at 1066 fsb; socket 775 can't take full advantage of faster ddr3; some boards will allow you to set the ram speed higher in manual mode; not sure about this one. Don't expect to find sata III on any 775 board. That feature came after these boards were discontinued, but your sata III drive will run fine at sata II speeds. You won't notice that much difference. I don't recommend you upgrade the cpu; new q9xxx quads are over $200; it's not worth it. Look for a used one on craigslist for around $100; if you spend more, might as well get a new 1155 combo.

Song of Nephilim

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm very bad with hardware, really, so I don't quite get most of that. And the mobo's specifications seem to state that it only allows a maximum of 8GB RAM? So what would be the best 1155 mobo I can get to support 16GB RAM, then, and what's the most affordable upgrade I can get for my q6600 other than the q9xxx series? Maybe I should just change to a new, low end dual-core CPU?