E6750 dual core overclocking?

seumas_beathan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Hey guys, i have been a long time reader and any time i search up a question i always end up getting the answer from this site.

But i couldnt seem to find a answer to this question so i diceded it was time to sign up :)

I have really only just started getting into computers and due to being young i do not have much money.

I have just recently upgraded from a Pentium D to a Dual Core E6750, I did fine overclocking the Pent d and managed to get it from its stock 2.8 ghz to 4 ghz with only a heatsink.

I was looking forward to overclocking this one and i had read some reviews saying it could be oc'd to 3.8 ghz if done right but so far i have only been able to get it up from the stock of 2.66 ghz to 3.2, I read numerous posts saying that it could be put up to 3.5 with no voltage changes but if i put it even to 3.4 ghz the computer gets stuck at loading screen and i have to reset the cmos.

Any help with this would be much appreciated, Cheers in advance guys :)

Computer specs : Dual core e6750, 4gb crucial ram, Radeon hd 5570,
Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard and im not sure of the heatsink model but i know that it is a good one.

seumas_beathan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Oh sorry i meant to say it can go to 3.5 with slight voltage changes, Yh i tried tweaking the voltages accroding to an article i read but i still got the problem i mentioned, Any ideas?