Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinari

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
I recently purchased a Corsair H60 and am currently trying to install it and seem to have run into a problem..

The motherboard i'm installing it on is a HP motherboard that came with my prebuilt PC (hp m9510f, the motherboard and CPU are the only things that I haven't switched out yet on it)
I'm supposed to install a backplate for the H60, but there seems to already be one there and I'm not sure if im supposed to be able to remove it or what..
or can I not install an aftermarket cpu cooler on this motherboard?

Specs:
Intel Q8200
Antec Nine Hundred Two v3 Case

Thanks in advance for any help

Solution
You should be able to take the back plate off, but if not, you can probably just screw it on like you would with the Corsair one.

Make sure you keep the plastic on the back of the H60's back plate on! Do not cut it off!

Shinari

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

So I ended up installing it with the backplate that was already on there and everything works fine but
my temps seem very high.. idling core temp is 71-77c
stock cooler was 56c

EDIT: If anyone knows how I could get the backplate off please tell, after doing some googling, ive found it may be stuck on with adhesive and I should take a blowdryer to it and try to take it off?

Shinari

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

I used the thermal pad on the H60 since I heard it was some pretty good stuff, I have some Arctic Silver 5 sitting around though
The cooler does not move at all when I push it, the screws are tightened all the way, and the radiator has the fan blowing into the case.
Fan is plugged into CPU_FAN and pump is Sys_fan
In SpeedFan I get around 1158-1500rpm for Fan1 and around 0-729rpm (sometimes stuck at 0) for Fan 2, is this normal?
Would you recommend me putting the corsair backplate on and applying Artic Silver 5?
Thanks for all the help!

I've never heard of a backplate stuck on a mobo. I hope you're not talking about the socket.
backplate_sm.jpg

Shinari

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

No, i'm pretty sure its a backplate on there, apparently its stuck on with adhesive (from what I read)

EDIT: I finally removed the backplate with a credit card and blow dryer, took me an hour but finally got it off. My H60 pump wasn't getting the power it needed from the mobo and I had to use an molex to 3pin adapter, currently getting 56c (still high) but its better than 78c, thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.