Motherboard or Ram problem

paul123

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
So I upgraded my ram and it ran fine for 2 months until I started getting BSOD and having my programs crashing randomly.
I ran Memtest and it passed.

I removed the old ram stick and everything ran fine again, I exchanged the old ram stick with the new and it still ran fine.

The ram is 2x Corsair 4gb XMS3 ddr3 1333mzh
Mobo is Asus M4N98TD Evo

I've also tested different ram slots on the mobo, black and blue but I get varying results, sometimes I had problems even booting up when I was testing slots (didn't even get to bios) and well, I'm thinking the ram slots are fucked up on the MOBO.

I also tested and changed the speed from 1333mzh to 800mzh when I used both sticks, it booted up but when playing a game it still crashed after 15 minutes.

Any suggestions on what to do?

paul123

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I can also mention it's even giving me trouble with 1 stick of ram now after I experimented with getting 2 sticks to work again.

Even with 1 stick (both old and new one) it's giving me trouble starting the PC up

It's mostly just rebooting itself just as windows finishes loading. It doesn't seem to matter what slot I use on the motherboard anymore either. Things just went worse after trying to change the slots around now...

For now it runs stable by just surfing but playing a game will shut the PC down in a matter of less than 10 minutes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

guess I'll write my complete specs:
AMD 64 x2 Phenom II 565 3.4 ghz
2x 4gb Corsair XMS3 1333 mzh (currently using 1 stick only)
Geforce 450 GTS
Asus M4N98TD Evo
Corsair 400w