How do I update the BIOS?

I've been having a problem with booting up saints row the third (as soon as I enter I get a blue screen) and I heard it was because I needed to update the BIOS of my motherboard. So my problem here is, I don't know which BIOS update to download (I'd assume I'd have to update the initial BIOS update). My motherboard is a TA990FXE extreme edition from BIOSTAR, so if someone could take a look on their website, it'd help me alot. Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about update bios
  1. Hi, Is it a new setup? Using an old HDD? Have you tried booting from an Windows install DVD?
  2. It's not that new of a setup, it's about a year old. The HDD I'm using was new at the time of putting it into my computer, so there wasn't anything on it before I put it into my rig. I haven't tried booting from a Windows install DVD though.
  3. Have you changed the SATA configuration in BIOS? Try clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes). Can you access the BIOS?
  4. I can get into the BIOS if that's what you're asking. And no I haven't changed the SATA configuration.
  5. It might be a RAM issue. Try booting with only ne RAM stick installed. Check each RAM.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards BIOS Blue Screen