Sign in with
Your question

How do I update the BIOS?

Last response: in Motherboards
November 25, 2012 3:27:31 PM

I've been having a problem with booting up saints row the third (as soon as I enter I get a blue screen) and I heard it was because I needed to update the BIOS of my motherboard. So my problem here is, I don't know which BIOS update to download (I'd assume I'd have to update the initial BIOS update). My motherboard is a TA990FXE extreme edition from BIOSTAR, so if someone could take a look on their website, it'd help me alot. Thanks.

More about : update bios

a c 559 V Motherboard
November 25, 2012 3:33:53 PM

Hi, Is it a new setup? Using an old HDD? Have you tried booting from an Windows install DVD?
m
l
November 25, 2012 3:39:40 PM

It's not that new of a setup, it's about a year old. The HDD I'm using was new at the time of putting it into my computer, so there wasn't anything on it before I put it into my rig. I haven't tried booting from a Windows install DVD though.
m
l
Related resources
a c 559 V Motherboard
November 25, 2012 3:43:59 PM

Have you changed the SATA configuration in BIOS? Try clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes). Can you access the BIOS?
m
l
November 25, 2012 4:15:55 PM

I can get into the BIOS if that's what you're asking. And no I haven't changed the SATA configuration.
m
l
a c 559 V Motherboard
November 25, 2012 4:23:48 PM

It might be a RAM issue. Try booting with only ne RAM stick installed. Check each RAM.
m
l
!