Sign in with
Your question
Solved

60/60mbit WAN routing solution

Last response: in Networking
November 25, 2010 10:35:19 PM

Hello guys,

My ISP recently upgraded our internet speed again. This time to the outrageous speed of 60/60mbit. My router can't keep up with that, not even by a long shot, so i need a new one.

Most standard routers max out at around 30mbit WAN... In my case i need a routing solution with 120mbit(minimum 100mbit).

From my research the best solution i've come up with is a Linux-Box with IPcop... but I would really prefer a regular router if it can be obtained for a reasonable price(100-250$ area)

I was told to look at Linksys WRT160N, but I can't seem to find any specifics about it's WAN capacity.

This is the information I've gathered myself. I'd like information about Linux boxes with IPcop or similar solutions if you know of a place to get it.

If you can help me resolve my problem I would be pleased.

Thanks.
November 26, 2010 5:46:58 AM

The modem is provided by my ISP, it is optimized for fiber wire solutions... as such it could handle gigabit internet if necessary.

What i need is a router... and it has to be able to handle 120mbit WAN, I'm not talking LAN.

Just to clarify, I appreciate your response, but as i understand it we are talking about different things.

Edit:
I called a hotline and the techie there uses a D-Link Dir-635 for his 90mbit internet... i think i've solved the problem myself, but if anyone has a better solution you're welcome to butt in ^^
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

November 26, 2010 6:23:11 AM
November 26, 2010 1:44:28 PM

Thanks, I've done a lot of digging myself at the side and have decided to go with a D-Link Dir-655. The extra money spent over the Dir-635 is worth it, and it seems linksys has lost their touch after Cisco got involved. It's all about Business related hardware now.

Edit:
Btw emerald, have a cookie for helping me find what I need ;) 
m
l
November 26, 2010 1:49:09 PM

Best answer selected by AtotehZ.
m
l
!