SB ExtremeMusic no longer works after upgrade to Windows 7

snowbiker

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Greetings,

First, a brief background. This is a Dell XPS 700 that originally shipped with a Sound Blaster ExtremeMusic card (SB0460) and XP (Media Center Edition). The card has worked perfectly fine with this setup.

About two weeks ago, I finally made the switch to Windows 7. Since I was upgrading from XP, this was a clean install. Now, I get no sound other than the briefest of crackles (such as when I try to play an mp3).

Some (hopefully) relevant details:
■I have 4 GB of memory installed, and Windows sees 4093 MB in Task Manager. THis hasn't changed from the original system configuration.
■I have tried both the most recent driver (released June 2010) and the beta driver (released February 2011), and neither solves the problem. The driver version that shows up is 6.0.1.1375.
■The card is recognized, and claims to be working properly (ha).

That's about all I've got/done to this point. Is there something I'm overlooking, in settings or elsewhere? I've tried looking around for information about this, and other than determining that Creative is going to be less than helpful about this, I haven't come up with much. I've gotten everything else up and running, but not having working sound (other than a work-around of going through my Line 6 GearBox) is a pain.

Thanks in advance!

snowbiker

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012

The Feb 2011 one is for XP and Vista. The earlier one I mentioned is for Windows 7. I've got all the other applications installed as well; that went without a hitch.