Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Computers
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
January 25, 2012 2:03:26 AM

Hello. I currently have an Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case and do not know if it will be big enough for my new computer. I like it, I think it has a lot of space. But is there a bigger one out there for under $60? It can even go a little higher than that but I just fear that once I buy everything, my case will not be big enough. It has amazing reviews on Newegg, but most of those were over four years ago. I would say a lot of new cases have came out since then, lol. Thanks.

More about : case

January 26, 2012 12:20:48 AM

davcon said:
Nope! you won't find anything under $60 with the same build quality,size, or features.
The only thing close is a COOLER MASTER HAF 922 = cost more,doesn't really offer anything more other then it's a little bigger.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=38996&vpn=RC%2D922M%2D...
So are you saying my case is fine or is it time for an upgrade? I just randomly said $60. I know it was going to be more than that actually.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 275 ) Power supply
January 26, 2012 1:11:25 AM

Firelance said:
So are you saying my case is fine or is it time for an upgrade? I just randomly said $60. I know it was going to be more than that actually.

Of course there's some good deals in the $100 range that would be a upgrade over your current case..
The only thing that's really lacking in your case is cable management and USB3(not a huge deal).
What exactly is your budget and what features do you require?
January 30, 2012 10:43:35 PM

davcon said:
Of course there's some good deals in the $100 range that would be a upgrade over your current case..
The only thing that's really lacking in your case is cable management and USB3(not a huge deal).
What exactly is your budget and what features do you require?
My budget can go over $100. I am hoping Newegg may lower some prices or mail in rebate is also a possibility. Thing is I want to build this PC myself. My uncle is really good with computers but to go to him is an hour drive which I do not want to do. I am not an expert at computers. It may take a little longer for me to do it myself, but if I ever built another PC I will know what to do. My main feature is going to be a big size computer. I am not going to SLI (I don't plan on it), but I just want a big case with a lot of airflow. The case I have now does a pretty good job at this. I would also want a case that would be able to open the front fans to clean out. You have no idea how dirty mine are right now. Cable management would probably make my life easier too. Since I am going to be doing some extreme gaming, I feel that size and airflow is my main concern. Most of the new things I am getting will be big. I know now by just looking at my case it will not be big enough. I do not care for the LED stuff. I want a good case that can last me a while. A lot of info written and if you have enough time to read it all I would appreciate it.

Main features:

-Good airflow
-Big size
-Cable management (Like you said not a huge deal, but it would make life easier)
-Lots of fans to keep it cool
-Optional: Opening for front fans for easing cleaning

Thanks.