Browse web on phone over bluetooth

Last response: in Technologies
December 5, 2004 2:57:41 PM

I just got an E398 phone and would like to browse the web on it using
its bluetooth connection. I have a web page at home for choosing the
songs which are played throughout the house and it would be great to
be able to change songs using the phone without having to go upstairs
to a PC.

I run linux at home, but any pointers would be helpful. Failing that,
how hard it it to write java apps which use the bluetooth connection?
(I know java already, but not j2me)

thanks
Thomas
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 12:18:03 AM

Thomas Rynne wrote:
> be able to change songs using the phone without having to go upstairs
> to a PC.

Low power Bluetooth on phones reaches up to 10 feet. No chance to
connect to a PC which is upstairs. Physically this could only be
possible if you also are upstairs an in the same room than the PC.

Wolfgang
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 5:48:46 PM

Wolfgang Barth wrote:
> Thomas Rynne wrote:
> > be able to change songs using the phone without having to go
upstairs
> > to a PC.
> >
> Low power Bluetooth on phones reaches up to 10 feet. No chance to
> connect to a PC which is upstairs. Physically this could only be
> possible if you also are upstairs an in the same room than the PC.
>
> Wolfgang
I also have a PC in a cupboard downstairs so I was planning to fit a
bluetooth-USB dongle on the end of a cable downstairs. But I need to
get the phone working first.