I'm getting free Comcast broadband

K3vBot6000

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
I'm not sure this is the right place for this but as the title says I have not had to pay for internet for 3 months now.

I recently moved to a new apartment and since then I have not gotten a bill from Comcast. When I check my account online it just tells me my billing information cannot be retrieved. Last time I called them, about a month ago, they told me I had a credit on my account of $10 from canceling some boost service I had a while back. Basically I don't know if I should just ride it out and see if they notice or to bring it to their attention. Will they charge me for the back months that I received for free? I can't imagine them letting me get away with free internet. Has anyone heard of this before? I can't find anything on google myself.

Thanks

Solution
I know comcast has those 6 months deals, but I haven't heard of them giving it for free. it is more like $30 for 6 months or something.
I would just be on the safe side and put money aside every month , in case comcast come knocking some day.

Maybe the people at your last residence is paying for it with out realizing it.
G

" Will they charge me for the back months that I received for free?" Doubtless they will try and it should not be hard to prove you used the service. But meanwhile, I'd just keep your fingers crossed, assuming you can afford to pay up if necessary.

GusGus

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
if you are not using a comcast box you might be getting it for free from someone in the apartment complex you live at. who is paying for it. But if you have a cable box i think you will be billed someday. At least you will not have to pay interest on the bill or late fees.

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I know comcast has those 6 months deals, but I haven't heard of them giving it for free. it is more like $30 for 6 months or something.
I would just be on the safe side and put money aside every month , in case comcast come knocking some day.

Maybe the people at your last residence is paying for it with out realizing it.

Solution

K3vBot6000

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
I definitely have the box and everything. I think I will keep it up and save some money up. I know a friend of mine was given a few months for free when they moved, but I imagine they would have told me. Thanks for the advice.

pazsion

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
comcast needs to get a cellphone service going..as part of these packages..just provide it included if customers want it xD

these cellphone people are robbing people.. we need someone to compete here.. instead of going oh hey they charge that? for what?! ahahahah lets charge $10 more and say it's better when it's not xD

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008

yeah I hear that. I hope this 4G cell phone thing, starts to change the pricing. All we need is unlimited fast mobile internet, and that will give us unimited VOIP, unlimited texting, unlimited TV streaming, unlimited data, and unlimited anything else we can dream up.

TRENDING THREADS