Sign in with
Your question

Forum Revert Back??

Last response: in Forum Feedback
December 8, 2009 2:50:37 PM

Did the forum revert back to where is was a week or two ago before it was corrected/fixed?

I noticed the Stickies are back to being every other one in bold and the 5 or more "bronze badges" badge is back to the icon versus the Tom's Hammer.

Is there a status updated on allowing more than 10 custom smilies or photos in a post as requested by Proximon ([Site Bug Reports] - Smilies.)?

More about : forum revert back

Related resources
December 8, 2009 3:56:27 PM

Ah, damnit. They went back again.

On its own it looks OK but when you're in a forum you have a badge for it looks redundant.

December 8, 2009 5:05:16 PM

Look at your desktop 'Internet' status bar (bottom left screen above start), error on every Forum page. Can not delete PM's. Error there too. Click on the yellow error notice for message. I do not understand how the French tech guy can not manage a message board properly. Duh.
December 8, 2009 7:34:52 PM

badge said:
I do not understand how the French tech guy can not manage a message board properly. Duh.

I'm actually a little disappointed in your response... (for the first time!! :D  ) It was a good dig on the French Tech Guy but I expected more about them converting the forum back to how it was last May before they f@!$ screwed the Veterans out of their rankings, when switched over to the points system from a post count.
December 8, 2009 7:50:01 PM

tecmo34 said:
I'm actually a little disappointed in your response... (for the first time!! :D  ) It was a good dig on the French Tech Guy but I expected more about them converting the forum back to how it was last May before they f@!$ screwed the Veterans out of their rankings, when switched over to the points system from a post count.

In other words...

Attention citizens of France.
December 9, 2009 1:01:48 AM

badge said:
In other words...

Attention citizens of France.

Now that is what I come to expect from your post!

Just to let you know, it took six hard hours for them to make a cast of my lower half of my body to make that statue. :D 
December 9, 2009 3:08:40 AM

Oddly enough, not everything was reverted.
December 9, 2009 3:57:46 AM

True, but we still have our badges
December 9, 2009 7:10:48 AM

tecmo34 said:
Now that is what I come to expect from your post!

Just to let you know, it took six hard hours for them to make a cast of my lower half of my body to make that statue. :D 

I have absolutely nothing to say in response.

December 9, 2009 7:11:48 AM

randomizer said:
Oddly enough, not everything was reverted.

:lol:  C'mon. You're kidding right.
December 9, 2009 10:16:57 PM

badge said:
:lol:  C'mon. You're kidding right.

Actually no, some changes that were implemented less than a week ago are still here. But you just can't see them ;) 
December 9, 2009 10:23:11 PM

I can not delete PM from my PM page. Also, an error appears abpve the start menus on every page of the Forum as well as PM page. null is null or not an object. I tried researching the error, but apparently I am an idiot. I am learning the French are very good at making changes I can't see, then when I notice the change it is a result of french monkeys taking over the controls of the bulletin board. Don't these boards come with 'tools'?

EDIT the 'page error' appears on every machine I use.
December 9, 2009 10:31:38 PM

I'm not seeing any null or object errors.

Can you take a screen grab?
December 9, 2009 10:33:16 PM

Also, what browser are you using? Firefox should, in theory, work best.
December 9, 2009 10:40:14 PM

Using IE8. I block ALL third party cookies. I also block a lot of other cookies as they appear listed as spyware by Advanced Windows Care. This null error on Forum pages appears on all my computers in three locations. XP, Vista 32, Vista 64 and I believe Windows 7 BETA.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/4388/nullisnotanobje...

December 9, 2009 10:43:08 PM

I allow ALL session cookies as well as First Party cookies, but I block ALL third party cookies ALL the time. The error is above the start ICON in the Pic. When I click on that error, the pop up appears. I use IE8 exclusively on all my systems.
December 9, 2009 10:49:15 PM

Line 230, character 3 is the letter "i".

<li><a

Try using a browser not confused by the letter "i" such as Firefox.
December 9, 2009 10:53:44 PM

Ok, my wife has every browser imaginable installed on her machine including firefox. Well, I installed them for her, she uses them. She is busy on the machine right now, but I will try later. Thanks.

EDIT IE8 would be obvious common link regarding all my systems showing that error.
December 9, 2009 11:11:02 PM

TheViper said:
Line 230, character 3 is the letter "i".

<li><a

Try using a browser not confused by the letter "i" such as Firefox.

Ok, that was it. I came online on Firefox, the error was gone and I deleted the PM I wanted to. :wahoo: 

Techmo34. Again, I have nothing to say about this fix. I do however; place todal blame on the French.

December 9, 2009 11:45:45 PM

To my knowledge, the site is built for Firefox. I have seen it mentioned in areas none of you have access to :) 
December 10, 2009 12:34:38 AM

badge said:
Techmo34. Again, I have nothing to say about this fix. I do however; place todal blame on the French.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/8803/frenchkiss3864.jpg

LMAO... :lol: 

I just hope Gene Simmons isn't a THGF reader and comes to your door for the major insult of associating him with the French!!
December 10, 2009 1:25:20 AM

tecmo34 said:
LMAO... :lol: 

I just hope Gene Simmons isn't a THGF reader and comes to your door for the major insult of associating him with the French!!

Again, my strict policy of not posting just to insult the French prevents me from commenting.

December 10, 2009 1:31:11 AM

randomizer said:
To my knowledge, the site is built for Firefox. I have seen it mentioned in areas none of you have access to :) 

Ten thousand posts. It's OK to reveal hidden, 'no access' areas. Start by giving us your mother's maiden name, credit card numbers with exp. and 3 digit code. You've got Firefox, why worry. :sol: 
December 10, 2009 1:50:25 AM

These areas are unrelated to the forum... and my bank account ;) 
December 10, 2009 2:13:46 AM

My next door neighbor neighbor is from Hew Zealand. Christopher mentioned what a strict upbringing He experienced while growing up in NZ. He didn't mention proper upbringings when speaking of you Aussies. Misdirection, yes. :) 
December 10, 2009 3:49:55 AM

At least we learn how to pronounce vowels correctly.
December 10, 2009 3:55:23 AM

badge said:
You've got Firefox, why worry. :sol: 

I thought Clint Eastwood still had it???
December 10, 2009 6:04:24 AM

Excellent, you are making a great point here. And, I would like to elaborate on that point Octavius. Being the great warrior and victor of ancient lands including what was to later be France (no surprise there) and becoming the eventual founder of Rome which led ultimately to the expansion of the western world as we know it today complete with the surrender monkey-rich nation of France, you deserve the title you have earned. Caesar Agustus Techmo34. :ouch: 

The French immediately surrendered when Gran Tourino was released. Same with Million Dollar baby. I saw Dirty harry in the theatre in '71. No French were present.

December 10, 2009 6:11:27 AM

randomizer said:
At least we learn how to pronounce vowels correctly.

The country of Australia is cool. Unlike every large city east of the Mississippi, I want to visit there someday.
December 10, 2009 6:16:07 AM

Tell a New Zealander to pronounce "Mississippi" and you'll get something along the lines of "Messesseppe"
December 10, 2009 6:23:51 AM

randomizer said:
Tell a New Zealander to pronounce "Mississippi" and you'll get something along the lines of "Messesseppe"

I'm from Missouri. I happen to have these available for immediate viewing:

You Might Be A Missouri Redneck if....

You ever cut your grass and found a car.
You own a home that is mobile and 5 cars that aren't.
Your stereo speakers used to belong to the Drive-in Theater.
Your boat has not left the drive-way in 15 years.
You own a homemade fur coat.
Chiggers are included on your list of top 5 hygiene concerns.
You burn your yard rather than mow it.
Your wife has ever said, "Come move this transmission so I can take a bath."
The Salvation Army declines your mattress.
Your wife's job requires her to wear an orange vest.
You were shooting pool when any of your kids were born.
You have the local taxidermist's number on speed dial.
You've ever hit a deer with your car...deliberately.
Your school fight song was "Dueling Banjos".
You think a chain saw is a musical instrument.
You've ever given rat traps as gifts.
Your coffee table used to be a cable spool.
You keep a can of RAID on the kitchen table.
Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.
Your mother has "ammo" on her Christmas list.
Every socket in your house breaks a fire code.
You've totaled every car you've ever owned.
There are more than five McDonald's bags in your car.

more...

The taillight covers of your car are made of red tape.
You've ever bathed with flea and tick soap.
You think "taking out the trash" means taking your in-laws to a movie.
You have every episode of Hee-Haw on tape.
You've ever been involved in a custody fight over a hunting dog.
Your considered an expert on wormbeds.
Your kids take a siphon hose to "Show and Tell."
The dog catcher calls for a backup unit when visiting your house.
You've ever bought a used cap.
Your CB antenna is a danger to low-flying planes.
You pick your teeth from a catalog.
You've ever financed a tattoo.
You've ever stolen toilet paper.
You think a hot tub is a stolen bathroom fixture.
People hear your car a long time before they see it.
The gas pedal on your car is shaped like a bare foot.
You prefer car keys to Q-tips.
You take a fishing pole into Sea World.
You think a turtleneck is key ingredient for soup.

and still more...

You clothing designer is Oskosh B'Gosh
if you own a bolo tie.
you ever wore a tube top to a wedding.
if you ever wore a baseball cap to a wedding.
If your baseball cap says "Dekalb" or "Cat."
If the roof on your house has "MERRIMEC CAVERNS-JESSEE JAMES HIDEOUT" painted on it (WALL DRUG would qualify for this too)
You think the joke " a calf poked his head in the silo and said is my fodder in here?" is a knee slapper.
If you ever picked your teeth from a catalogue OR with a long piece of grass.
You think a Volvo is a part of the female anatomy.
If you have ever castrated anything.
if you ever broke a tooth on birdshot at dinner.
If your fishing poles leaning against the doorame have dired bait still on the hooks.
If you ever warn your kids not to go into a certain building on your property because it might fall in on them.
If all of your shoes have mud or poop on them.
If your bluejeans have cuffs.
if all of your wife's clothes are "stretch"
if there are packages in your freezer marked "Squirrel"
if you ever recieved a box of bandanna hankerchiefs for christmas

December 10, 2009 11:58:58 AM

You Might Be A Missouri Redneck if....

If you spell tecmo34... techmo34 when the correct spelling is showing on your computer screen. :D 

December 10, 2009 12:00:45 PM

Why do the French not visit Australia?

They are to scared to get off of the plane because of Australia's Welcome Sign!!

December 10, 2009 1:35:32 PM

By the way is anyone here from Australia?
I might be interested in moving there.
December 10, 2009 2:20:14 PM

dunklegend said:
By the way is anyone here from Australia?
I might be interested in moving there.

Randomizer is from Australia..
December 10, 2009 10:31:32 PM

^The man is fair dinkum.
December 10, 2009 11:16:47 PM

How close do you resemble him?
December 10, 2009 11:18:55 PM

Resemble who?
December 10, 2009 11:21:02 PM

Dundee.
December 10, 2009 11:23:20 PM

Well, the only time I've used a knife that large was in Left 4 Dead 2. However I plan to pick up a machete when I go to the Solomon Islands mid next year. Too bad I'll have to make it blunt in order for customs to let it through though :( 
December 10, 2009 11:40:29 PM

My dad came to pick me up from the airport years ago. He had a pocket full of .22's and set the security off! When orderd to empty his pockets a handful of bullets came out. He explained he had just came from the woods doing some hunting.
December 11, 2009 12:09:10 AM

Here you'd have SWAT lock down the airport if someone found bullets on you.
December 11, 2009 12:12:56 AM

Here you could load the bullets into the gun and run through the airport and kill 8 people and wound 15 more. Of course if you had a childhood where your parents swore they would spank hell out of you at any time, you could claim insanity due to childhood abuse.

EDIT I would add this is due to our lower criminal courts laws that say the criminal has more rights than the victim or their family.
December 11, 2009 12:25:45 AM

The same is true here in many circumstances. If someone robs your house, don't touch them or they can sue you for assault :lol: 
December 11, 2009 12:29:57 AM

Right. Here they may be only planning to steal your Coo Coo Clock, so they have to threaten you. You can not just shoot them for walking in the door or breaking in the window. As long as I am on my property, I can carry a gun with one exception, it can not be concealed at any time.
December 11, 2009 12:35:32 AM

My lawyer tells me to just punch the crap out anyone giving me trouble at my property. Like He does.
December 11, 2009 1:20:38 AM

If I have a licence to carry a firearm, I can have it with one main restriction: it must be concealed at all times unless I'm taking it to somewhere else. And by concealed, I mean locked in a 300lb safe.
December 11, 2009 2:38:20 AM

I am forced to keep a loaded gun at one of our businesses. I keep it locked in a safe except during business hours many days. Normally I do not keep loaded guns in my residence unless I live alone. No sure about law concerning a carry permit. I'll have to ask my sister next time we talk. 8)
!