Sign in with
Your question

Maximus iii formula

Last response: in Motherboards
November 25, 2012 10:24:46 PM

i bought this thing last week,installed it everything went well.Then i thought i could make things better,and i took my sata cable out and put it on the hdd thing,which lets u run ur hard drive faster,now my motherboard wont recognize my hard drive or anydrive for that matter,so i put everything back to the way i had it,still doest work,says i need to find a boot device and put in some cd.i really just want to reset this whole motherboard.

More about : maximus iii formula

November 25, 2012 10:45:32 PM

serpentmoves said:
i bought this thing last week,installed it everything went well.Then i thought i could make things better,and i took my sata cable out and put it on the hdd thing,which lets u run ur hard drive faster,now my motherboard wont recognize my hard drive or anydrive for that matter,so i put everything back to the way i had it,still doest work,says i need to find a boot device and put in some cd.i really just want to reset this whole motherboard.

i also installed a new bios,that might have something to do with it.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 25, 2012 11:02:33 PM

Just power your PC while pressing ´delete´, so that you can get into the bios, then use the default settings, then make the drive where you installed the Operation System your boot device priority.

m
l
Related resources
November 25, 2012 11:11:51 PM

already tried that,it does not recognize my hd or anything i have plugged into sata ports
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 26, 2012 12:08:09 AM

This is what you have:

6 xSATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
Intel Matrix Storage Technology Support RAID 0,1,5,10 JMicron® 322 controller and 2 x JMicron® 363 controllers:
- 2 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s port (Red) supporting Hardware RAID 0 and 1 (SPD_HDD1 + SPD_HDD2)
- 1 x External SATA 3.0 Gb/s port (SATA On-the-Go)
- 2 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s port (White) - SATA_ODD1 + SATA_ODD2

Where is the HDD connected?

Is there any other driver apart from the HDD?
m
l
!