Your question

New Build - No Signal from graphics card. Onboard video works

Last response: in Systems
October 25, 2011 4:22:37 AM

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Intel Core i5-2500K
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB Video Card

This is a brand new build (my first). Everything works great except for the graphics card. I'm able to boot into my OS (Hackintosh 10.6.8) with the onboard video working, but when I plug my display into the DVI port on the graphics card I get "No Signal". Even when I turn the computer on with the display plugged into the DVI port (either port) I get "No Signal" but it still posts.

- I tried both DVI inputs with no luck
- Double checked everything is connected properly (I even assembled it outside of the case)

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I had to get a new PSU because it wasn't working. When that came in I realized the motherboard wasn't working...what are the chances that the video card is also messed up? Any ideas?
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2011 5:01:00 AM

Check your bios settings for the video order

should look something like

PCIE Graphics -> Onboard GPU
or
PCIE -> PCI -> Intergrated.

check you have the aux power plugged into the card.

did you take the propper antistatic measures to ensure you didnt fry every piece u picked up?
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2011 5:30:58 AM

Are there drivers for the 6770 in OSX?

Related resources
October 25, 2011 11:41:51 AM

HugoStiglitz said:
Check your bios settings for the video order

should look something like

PCIE Graphics -> Onboard GPU
or
PCIE -> PCI -> Intergrated.

I checked that and changed the setting for "Onboard VGA" from Auto to Enable If No Ext PEG. I also changed the setting for "Init Display First" to PCIEx16 (tried PCI and PCIEx8 too) with no luck.

HugoStiglitz said:
check you have the aux power plugged into the card.

Yes

HugoStiglitz said:
did you take the propper antistatic measures to ensure you didnt fry every piece u picked up?

Yes
October 25, 2011 12:16:17 PM

Also, I forgot to mention that the card's blue LED light is on so I know it's getting power.
!