Problem: turn on power supply, get green LED on mobo, push power switch, fans spin up, get a quick light up on GPU error LED (not solid just a flash) and also a solid CPU error LED. Fan spin down, LEDs go off. A few seconds later it repeats.
What I have tried: After the first issue of not booting and checking all connections I removed everything from the case and rebuild the system on cardboard, remounting the CPU. Nothing plugged in but power/cpu/ram, same problem. Removed GPU, same problem. Tested both stick of RAM individually, same problem. Tested no ram, same problem. Removed 4 pin 12v, nothing but 24pin plugged in, no ram, same problem.
Is this a bad motherboard? Anything else I can test? The motherboard was a openbox return at Fry's.
2. -=here=- might be a problem: The motherboard lists nothing but ATX 12v 2.0 and at least 350watt, I my PSU lists that it has ATX 12v 2.0 and has 500watts, in the checklist, I see in the pick either a 8 pin or -=TWO=- 4 pins. Is this a problem that mine has only ONE 4 pin?
4. Yes, and verified a few times
6. Yes, answered in OP
8. Yes, answered in OP
9. thats funny, but I am sure it has happened
10. double checked before as its my first 1155
11. None seen, I checked throughly, as far as the naked eye can see
12. definitely none on pins, (this has to be over my 15th cpu install)
13. Yes, its a Zalman CNPS9900, havent used this type before but they had a little resistor to put in-between the connectors, tried it with and without. Yes I only torqued enough for the screw to stop, didnt over tighten, used all sorts of other Zalman after market coolers before, just never this type.
14. not stock, used the included compound, looked like artic silver type stuff
15. Yes just turned the system over a few times to check
16. Yes work on concrete and granite, use to doing the touch case with PSU plugged in/not on thing as I have done before (CompTia A++ cert)
17. I did unplug everything but PS, so Ill see what codes I get tommarow/latenight
18. Yes had nothing but pwr switch attached
19. yes silly (I know it happens)
21. Yes did a 20 min w/o battery while I had dinner
22. Not sure, doesnt the i5 2500k have integrated video? I figure I could at least reach the BIOS to get to that point? Either way, I dont get any screen at all, and the mobo has no video out.
Thanks, I returned the mobo to frys, I couldnt find a P8P67 Pro which wasnt already returned once, so I found a P8P67 Evo, (ugh $20 more bucks). Of course the thing fired up with out a problem and is installing Win 7 now.