Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

jakedavies8

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Hi all

does anyone know if this cooler is any good, does it provide better cooling than a standard cooler? Will it be able to handle large amounts of overclocking.

Thanks

I used one on my Q9450. It is very definitely better than the stock cooler. Unfortunately, though not particularly loud at low loads, as the fan ramped up it developed a really annoying whine; I would not buy another one.
Check out the Xigmatek Gaia. It is a 120mm tower cooler that is effective and inexpensive.

captjack5169

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008

I have two of these one on a AMD quad and one on a AMD dual core both black editions both OC. Works excellent, and is not loud which is nice.

No, it's not particularly good when compared to other common heatsinks in its budget range. It's certainly better than a stock cooler, though. If you have one, by all means use it, but if you're in the market go for a Hyper 212 EVO instead. There's nothing better at $35.

jakedavies8

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks for all the replies. i have decided to go for the 212 as i think the A70 is a bit out of my price range. I appriciate you all taking the time to reply.

jakedavies8

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
okay thanks, unfotunatley i cant access newegg here in the UK so i cant get such a good deal! Slightly off topic but what do you think of the Corsair H40 and H60?

the hyper 212 is a better design as the heat pipes are stepped. while on the a70 there all in line. meaning it will never be as efficient. we are only talking a small amount but the lower temps mean slower fan speeds which deliver less noise. so if you can find the hyper with decent quiet fans then your golden...