New computer doesnt turn on with graphics card plugged in

pkal91

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Recently built a new computer, but the graphics card delivery was delayed. So I went a head and built the system without the card and had everything working perfectly. Then when the card arrived I installed it and now the system wont turn on, the fans flicker then power down. I've taken the card out so I can use the computer for the time being but would really like some help with this.

System:
Gigabyte GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
Intel Core i5 2500K, 3.30 GHz, 95W
2 x 4GB DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P Motherboard
Samsung 1Tb Hard drive
DVD RW Disc Drive
750W PSU

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Hi,

I've look around and the only thing i would think of is did you plug in the 6 pin from psu to card ?

If so it might be defective. RMA.

Also check in bios to see if it boots from pci express.

well, its good that things happened this way because the work of isolating the bad component is already done.
I would take the time to double and even triple check that the card is seated properly and the power plug is inserted correctly. Sometimes these things can come loose while fiddling around with something else, or even just moving your case.
I don't typically work on my machine in the office, I have a workshop in the garage and I don't know how many times I've had a properly working machine in my workshop, but by the time I get it up the stairs and into my office, something has gone wrong.

If you are certain everything is seated as best you can then its time to start the rma process.