Dell xps1530 blank screen

rpmafield

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Hello,i just replaced the inverter and am on my way to purchasing a video card next.. is this the right move? my laptop turns on and displays through my tv via hdmi however it will not set to the usual resolution (1280/720) it stays at (1024/?). my question is; should i change my video card, lcd screen, or motherboard which way is the best bet? starting with the video card seems to be the most reasonable seeing as i am on a budget. any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance.
Rich

rpmafield

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I have dl'd all the recent drivers i could find and it didn't help one bit, i was pretty set on the video card myself the laptop is about 4 years old and i have done everything from extreme gaming to torrents etc. and the only thing i have ever replaced is the HDD due to me dropping it. would not having genuine software (i.e Windows 7) cause any if this to be affected? all this started happening after i put an old version of monopoly on my machine and it appeared the video card was not happy about that in the first place. Thanks for the help itzdanielp!