Widcomm problems

Last response: in Technologies
December 8, 2004 6:36:52 PM

I just received a Bluetooth dongle for my laptop computer running xp
home W/SP2 and was trying to use the widcomm software to configure it.
I cannot however, once I install the software, open "my Bluetooth
places" from my desktop or my computer. I have tried to use the
command line to run it (rundll.exe btwizard, ShowWizard) in the command
line. When I double click the icon I get a Btwizard warning box
stating that my Bluetooth device is not found or it will just not do
anything. At all. Any specific links for help on this. I can get my
computer to recognize my Bluetooth headset but cannot open any of
XP's utilities to add any services. I'm using a plantronics M3000
headset, and V 1.4.3.4 for the Widcomm Bluetooth software. Help
PLEASE!!!

More about : widcomm problems

Anonymous
December 9, 2004 11:44:50 PM

It could be that when you plugged the dongle it started using the Windows XP
SP2 drivers. Open the device list, find the Bluetooth radio and update its
driver. When asked select from a list, and highlight the non-signed driver.
That should swap to the correct drivers.

!