Moving a PC from a large tower to a micro case or mini tower

Dragonsbane11

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Hey all, first time here but I have gotten help from many threads before. I wanted to get some advice on a project I am working on. I am planning on building a mame arcade cabinet and was going to use my old desktop to do it. However it is currently in a big case and I was gonna use that for new internal components of my next desktop. So I was thinking about moving the mobo, hd, ect to a micro case or a mini tower. I graps that it would be dissasembly and reassembly, however I wanted to get an opinion if the parts I currently have would even work in a smaller case, below is my system in a nutshell.

ULTRACF8000Z 1 0.00 0.00
AMD PHENOM X4 9550 QUAD CORE 1
500 GB SATA II 3.0 GB 16MB 7200RPM 1
1G DDR2 PC6400 MEMORY 3
CM HYPER TX2 GAMING CPU COOLING FAN 1
BLACK LG LIGHTSCRIBE 20X DVDRW 1
MSI K9A2 CF-F AMD790X CROSSFIRE 1
ONBOARD 7.1 SOUND 1
GIGABYTE 802.11G 54MBP WIRELESS PCI 1
COOLERMASTER 600WATT EXTREME POWER 1
BLACK X-CRUISER 420 WATT 1
SAPPHIRE ATI HD 3650 512 MB PCI-E 2

Like I said I like my case and was just going to get new parts to go in it although everything here is about 4 years old, save the power supply it caught fire last year and I replaced it.

Anyway, I was looking to move most of that over, maybe shift down to one video card to save on power and get a smaller power supply. Im concerned that the mobo wont fit or that the heat will be too great for a smaller case. I of course know that being in a arcade cabinet there will be more heat (Buying about 6 200mm fans or 2-4 400mm for the cabinet itself to keep air moving.)

for refernece I was think something like

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112299
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144162

Any help will be appreciated!

Solution
Neither of those cases will work. The main problem is your mobo. It's ATX and those case can hold a max microATX board. You'll need to swap out your mobo to downgrade the case size.

Dragonsbane11

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012

Oh I meant recycle as in use in anew system, not the scrap kind lol. Funny thing is that I have been itching to make a new desktop for a few years but monetary issues hae kept me from it. Now Im looking at making a new desktop and this arcade. I haven made a computer since 2008 so Im a bit rusty...lol thanks for all the help.