Status
Not open for further replies.

btaborlock

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Hey guys, newbie to this forum here. I guess I'm posting here because I've found alot of helpful advice on other posts from here.

Anyway, about a month ago I started experiencing some problems with my display. Originally, I thought it was a GPU error. Here is a screenshot of what I've been experiencing:

http://imageshack.us/f/190/forumdisplaypic.png/

As you can see, it's almost as if the pixels are messed up on my monitor. However, if that was the case the red pixels wouldn't show up on the screenshot. Once in a while, my display will freeze and my audio will tweak out, rapidly looping whatever the last sound was before the "crash." Like I said, at first I thought it was a graphics card error. I used to run a 9800 GT. Today, I bought an Asus 550 ti, thinking it would solve this problem; it did not. After putting my new 550 it in, I experienced the same thing.

Oddly, there is no specific time at which this problem occurs. I can be sitting at my desktop for hours one session with no problem. However, the next time I boot up I'll get the problem starting at my BIOS and it carries over all the way into Windows. The same thing happens in games, as well.

System specs:

Asus P5Ne-SLI motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GhZ
4GB Kingston 1066 DDR2 RAM (speed could be wrong)
GPU: (previously) EVGA GeForce 9800GT (now) ASUS 550TI 975 MHz
Western Digital 1TB HDD (not sure of the model, etc)

System temps:

Idle/Desktop/Web browsing:
GPU: 32*C
CPU Core 1: 37*C
CPU Core 2: 34*C

While gaming: (ballpark range)
GPU: 56*C (Maintains at this consistently, and does not rise progressively. However, if the display freezes completely, it very rapidly spikes up to 75-ish*C.
CPU Core 1: 45*C
CPU Core 2: 41*C

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be as in depth and thorough as possible so i didn't spend a week replying to things that most posters don't add in their original post. Thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS