Closed Solved

Im going to build a pc. I don't know much about it.

Hello, I wanna build a pc. I think should start with choosing a case full or mid. Is it the right choice to start with the case I don't know the specs for my pc yet. What should I start with? what case should I buy or what should I with? I don't much about computer hardware. I'm just getting in to it ant tips?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build
  1. heres a website i use to price out (mind its canadian)
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/SystemConfig/ this lets you mix/match parts and get a rough idea of the price

but i think a full sized case would be more future proof
    and also, whats your budget, its easier to come up with parts that way :P
  2. always start with a budget.

then the cpu and gpu, then the motherboard and other parts can come together.

choose the case last as its pretty much purely cosmetic.
  3. I don't have a budget but I'm going to build it along the way I will complete it in like 1 years as the parts go on sale or I have money
  4. I generally start with the CPU and motherboard, then graphic options, then memory. Everything else is usually a second thought after my main components, similar to esrever the case is the last thing I choose
  5. thats a horrible idea as computer parts are always getting faster. compatibility is also an issue when doing that.

things on sale today get outdated in a couple of months and go down in price below the sale price very often. Moores law says that technology doubles every 18 months so its a horrible idea to not have anything working but holding on to it.
  6. Best answer
    Kahlon said:
    I don't have a budget but I'm going to build it along the way I will complete it in like 1 years as the parts go on sale or I have money

I would wait until you save all the necessary funds and then buy your computer all at once, there always good components on sale.
  7. Best answer selected by Kahlon.
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Cases Build Components Product