Im going to build a pc. I don't know much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahlon

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Hello, I wanna build a pc. I think should start with choosing a case full or mid. Is it the right choice to start with the case I don't know the specs for my pc yet. What should I start with? what case should I buy or what should I with? I don't much about computer hardware. I'm just getting in to it ant tips?

Solution

I would wait until you save all the necessary funds and then buy your computer all at once, there always good components on sale.

nna2

Distinguished
heres a website i use to price out (mind its canadian)
http://www.memoryexpress.com/SystemConfig/ this lets you mix/match parts and get a rough idea of the price

but i think a full sized case would be more future proof
and also, whats your budget, its easier to come up with parts that way :p

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
I generally start with the CPU and motherboard, then graphic options, then memory. Everything else is usually a second thought after my main components, similar to esrever the case is the last thing I choose

thats a horrible idea as computer parts are always getting faster. compatibility is also an issue when doing that.

things on sale today get outdated in a couple of months and go down in price below the sale price very often. Moores law says that technology doubles every 18 months so its a horrible idea to not have anything working but holding on to it.

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010

I would wait until you save all the necessary funds and then buy your computer all at once, there always good components on sale.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.