Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Im going to build a pc. I don't know much about it.

Tags:
  • Cases
  • Build
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
January 25, 2012 11:47:29 PM

Hello, I wanna build a pc. I think should start with choosing a case full or mid. Is it the right choice to start with the case I don't know the specs for my pc yet. What should I start with? what case should I buy or what should I with? I don't much about computer hardware. I'm just getting in to it ant tips?

More about : build

January 26, 2012 12:18:01 AM

heres a website i use to price out (mind its canadian)
http://www.memoryexpress.com/SystemConfig/ this lets you mix/match parts and get a rough idea of the price

but i think a full sized case would be more future proof
and also, whats your budget, its easier to come up with parts that way :p 
Score
January 26, 2012 12:20:22 AM

always start with a budget.

then the cpu and gpu, then the motherboard and other parts can come together.

choose the case last as its pretty much purely cosmetic.
Score
Related resources
January 26, 2012 1:06:55 AM

I don't have a budget but I'm going to build it along the way I will complete it in like 1 years as the parts go on sale or I have money
Score
January 26, 2012 1:16:51 AM

I generally start with the CPU and motherboard, then graphic options, then memory. Everything else is usually a second thought after my main components, similar to esrever the case is the last thing I choose
Score
January 26, 2012 1:17:38 AM

thats a horrible idea as computer parts are always getting faster. compatibility is also an issue when doing that.

things on sale today get outdated in a couple of months and go down in price below the sale price very often. Moores law says that technology doubles every 18 months so its a horrible idea to not have anything working but holding on to it.
Score

Best solution

January 26, 2012 4:17:57 AM

Kahlon said:
I don't have a budget but I'm going to build it along the way I will complete it in like 1 years as the parts go on sale or I have money

I would wait until you save all the necessary funds and then buy your computer all at once, there always good components on sale.
January 27, 2012 5:52:01 AM

Best answer selected by Kahlon.
Score
January 27, 2012 10:08:33 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!