P8P67 Deluxe no POST; q code 62

captjackdaniels80

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
I recently started having the issue that, on the first boot attempt of the day, my PC won't get to POST. Instead, fans come on, and I get the q code 62 on my mobo. I then press the power button again and everything turns off. I press it a third time, and the computer boots normally.

Recent changes to my computer:

- I recently installed Windows 8, which I don't think is related, since this error is coming long before the OS is booting.

Things I've tried:

- I read that this can happen if your PCIe bridge is dead or dying, and that moving your video card (in my case, an ATI HD 5750) to the other PCIe slot can fix this. I tried this, but the result is exactly the same.

- I read that installing the lastest video card drivers might resolve this. This also didn't work, and I didn't really expect it to, becuase I don't think the mobo typically accesses drivers installed in the OS during boot anyway.

- I have updated the BIOS to the latest version. Made no difference.

Things that I am going to try over the next couple days:

- I grabbed a couple old PCIe graphics cards from work today, so I'll try booting with one of those to see if the problem is with the graphics card, rather than the mobo.

- I also grabbed a new CMOS battery, to see if that makes a difference.

The trouble is, it is taking a long time to sort this out, since right now it only happens on the first boot of the day. Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips on what else I should test?

Thanks

First guess, Power supply. Get a working unit and start up with the most basic parts. No GPU unit, minimal ram, no sound card etc. If this works. Add part one at a time until it gives the issue again. Thats the part with the problem. Add PSU last.

captjackdaniels80

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009

sorry, i should have mentioned, I tried taking out the video card and booting, and that worked. So i suppose that means either problem with the video card, or problem with the PCIe bridge? Still weird that it only fails on the first go of the day.

Try another card, may be that the card is shorting...