Sli enable trouble

Chimpmasr

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Hey all, I'm hang trouble enabling sli with my evga 2x 460's. All drivers are up to date. Cards are installed correctly with the bridge and they both work and show up in the device manager. I can even enable physX. The problem comes when I select the option to enable sli. When I hit apply my pc reboots and tells me a problem has occurred. I have found plenty of these posts but no one seems to have any real advice. I'm running an i5 760, evga p55 board, 700watt power, 2x gtx 460. Any help would be appreciated.
-Brent

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Are they the exact same model of 460 gtx? aka 768mb versions or is one a 1gig version? Ive had issues enabling SLI on the 460 gtx as well and it turns out i had to reinstall the drivers and the bridge again, after that it worked fine till i upgraded to two 470gtx's.

Chimpmasr

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
They are both EVGA gtx 460 superclocked 1gig cards. I called evga and they are sending me a new bridge. Really doubt that's the problem since I just took the bridge out of the static bag a few days ago. But seems like no matter what drivers or how many times I uninstall and reinstall them I can't seem to make any progress. I'm guessing it's just a faulty board but before I send it back I'll try the new bridge.