Problem with ASUS P8Z77-V Pro

jman3350

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Okay so I have recently bought a whole bunch of parts and assembled the pc. I will list the specs below, but first I'm going to state my problem.

The motherboard will not display video if plugged into the motherboard HDMI port, but when plugged into the Graphics Card HDMI port, I get audio and video.

I can not use headphones on either my monitor, or directly into the motherboard. It continues to play through the monitor speakers.

I tried installing drivers from the disc for everything but I can't seem to get anything working.

Cooler Master HAF X Blue Edition
ASUS P8Z77-V Pro Motherboard
Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5GHz w/ Intel Stock Cooler
MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Power Edition 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz RAM
2 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black HDD's
128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series SSD
Corsair HX850W Power Supply
LG Blu-Ray Burner/Blu-Ray/DVD Burner/DVD Drive

Also, one of my 1TB drives isn't recognized in windows or bios so I'm going to be using different sata cables, but if that doesn't solve it, I was wondering if anyone had an answer.

I have a Corsair H100i liquid cooler radiator with 2 120mm fans on it, but when the cooler is installed, I can't get the computer to boot, and the corsair logo turns from blue/white to red.

cl-scott

Honorable
The first problem is likely that since you have an actual video card installed, the IGP is disabled. The second problem sounds suspiciously like an HDCP thing. Basically as a way to try and get around the legal "analog hole" in copyright law in the US at least, the entertainment industry came up with a system where they can restrict the audio path to exclude analog ports where you could presumably capture the signal for an illicit recording.

jman3350

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

How would I enable the IGP then?

Do you know of a way to fix the audio or is it possible it can be fixed once i'm supplying sound + video from the motherboard instead.

jman3350

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

I was able to enable the IGP through BIOS but I'm still having the audio problem.