Piledriver is going to be AMD's last line of cpu's. They are expected to give 10% at most more performance over the current bulldozer cpu's, which makes them comparab le to 1st gen intel core series processors. While that is happening, intel will be moving on to its 3rd gen ivybridge cpu's. There don't need to be hot fixes in order for sandybridge to outperform bulldozer.

Piledriver is AMD's incremental update of the Bulldozer CPU core. Their estimate is a 10% improvement over Bulldozer, but that estimate was given before Bulldozer was released in the retail market.

If that increase holds true, then the Piledriver series will be roughly equal to the 1st generation of Core i3/i5/i7 CPU. Sandy Bridge is Intel's 2nd generation Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs. Ivy Bridge will be the 3rd generation and it is expected to be released sometime in April/May.

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Piledriver is the next evolutionary step of AMD's FX series of processors. According to AMD they're aiming for 10-15% improvements over the current Bulldozer line. This will be done via improved IPC and more efficient thermal design. It will be based on the same architecture.

Was it april 8th or april 9th? I forgot lol :pt1cable: