Solved

$550 GTX 560 Ti Build

I made another build to fight the previous build I made before. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/324672-31-gaming-build#t2423006
Approximate Purchase Date: In about 1 month

Budget Range: $450-$550 before rebates and shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Starcraft 2, Battlefield 3, Youtube

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Windows 7 Ultimate, Seagate Barracuda 500GB, 23 inch 1080p LG monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, microcenter

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: AMD, blue LED case

Overclocking: Yes, after CPU upgrade next year

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Just trying to build a quiet gaming PC that can do 1080p gaming for the next 4 years.

Phenom II x4 840 ($59.99)
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0371961
Gigabyte GA-970A ATX AMD AM3+ Mobo ($84.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007625%204027%20600036416%20600007977%20600138080&IsNodeId=1&name=AM3%2b&ShowDeactivatedMark=False
Antec Three Hundred Illusion ($44.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066&Tpk=antec%20illusion
G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333MHz 8GB ($38.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231417
Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630w Continuous Power PSU ($59.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182200&Tpk=rosewill%20rg630
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus ($25.19)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
LG 24x DVD/CD Burner ($18.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136236
Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti ($219.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125401
Total = $63.59 at Microcenter, $501.68 at Newegg, $565.27

Just compare to the previous build I made and tell me which one looks better to you guys. Thanks.
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build
  1. For that budget the 560 would be total overkill, IMO. Your graphics card would take up half your budget. I'd suggest looking at maybe a 550 or 460 / 470.
  2. Guess you didn't see the other build. People say that GPU is the most important part in your gaming build and I went for the best I could.
  3. samuelspark said:
    Guess you didn't see the other build. People say that GPU is the most important part in your gaming build and I went for the best I could.


    Even if you have the best GPU you can afford, in that build your CPU is your biggest bottleneck. Maybe try going with an Intel H67 setup and a Core i3-2100? That might do the trick. You could still get the build under $500 using a basic Asrock motherboard.
  4. I disagree. Go with a 955 BE instead.
  5. 955 is about $50 more... How would I fit it in?
  6. Your better off going with the 500 dollar Tom's Hardware build. Sure you have a really good graphics card but with a sucky and outdated CPU you won't be able to play any games what so ever. Go with a 6870 or GTX 460 in that budget.
  7. samuelspark said:
    955 is about $50 more... How would I fit it in?


    lower psu and use stock heat sink, saves $40.

    500w psu ($45 inc shipping)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182076
  8. Cheap lightwieght PSU. No way.
  9. samuelspark said:
    I made another build to fight the previous build I made before. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/324672-31-gaming-build#t2423006
    Approximate Purchase Date: In about 1 month

    Budget Range: $450-$550 before rebates and shipping

    System Usage from Most to Least Important: Starcraft 2, Battlefield 3, Youtube

    Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Windows 7 Ultimate, Seagate Barracuda 500GB, 23 inch 1080p LG monitor

    Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, microcenter

    Country of Origin: USA

    Parts Preferences: AMD, blue LED case

    Overclocking: Yes, after CPU upgrade next year

    SLI or Crossfire: No

    Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

    Additional Comments: Just trying to build a quiet gaming PC that can do 1080p gaming for the next 4 years.

    Phenom II x4 840 ($59.99)
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0371961
    Gigabyte GA-970A ATX AMD AM3+ Mobo ($84.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007625%204027%20600036416%20600007977%20600138080&IsNodeId=1&name=AM3%2b&ShowDeactivatedMark=False
    Antec Three Hundred Illusion ($44.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066&Tpk=antec%20illusion
    G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333MHz 8GB ($38.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231417
    Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630w Continuous Power PSU ($59.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182200&Tpk=rosewill%20rg630
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus ($25.19)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
    LG 24x DVD/CD Burner ($18.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136236
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti ($219.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125401
    Total = $63.59 at Microcenter, $501.68 at Newegg, $565.27

    Just compare to the previous build I made and tell me which one looks better to you guys. Thanks.



    Just do it
  10. My parents said to buy things as sales go along so.... I just now bought an Antec 300 Illusion. Gunna get a OCZ Fatality 550w tommorow. Planning to get a Phenom II x4 970.
  11. No just get a 955 seriously, the C3 stepping is the same used in the 970. In all likelyhood you could flip the multiplyer 2 times and have a 970 with no voltage bump.
  12. Best answer
    sendox said:
    lower psu and use stock heat sink, saves $40.

    500w psu ($45 inc shipping)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182076

    The only series from rosewill that are decent is the green series and the hive series. (the hive is actually really good they are sirtec bronze units, the same as the ocz zs series)

    I actually like the build that was posted. Put as much muscle in the gpu as you can afford without going to drastic on everything else.
    You might be able to squeeze a 955be if you drop the cooler and drop it down to 4gigs of ram as 8 gigs isn't necessary.
  13. it wouldn't cost that much more to step up to a i5 2500k + motherboard bundle from micro center then you would have one of the best cpus for gaming and would likely have an ivy bridge compatible motherboard with all the new features

    http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/17ffca68#/17ffca68/27
  14. Kinda stupid to buy a cooler right now if you plan to OC next time.
  15. icantw82makeadatum said:
    it wouldn't cost that much more to step up to a i5 2500k + motherboard bundle from micro center then you would have one of the best cpus for gaming and would likely have an ivy bridge compatible motherboard with all the new features

    http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/17ffca68#/17ffca68/27


    That costs about $240 for a bundle, the mobo and cpu I picked out add up to $155..
  16. cutebeans said:
    Kinda stupid to buy a cooler right now if you plan to OC next time.


    Antec 300 doesn't have a CPU cutout.
  17. Best answer selected by samuelspark.
  18. Since you going to microcenter, 965be/am3+mobo combo ftw($120). http://www.microcenter.com/specials/promotions/AMDbundlePROMO.html
  19. Before this article is closd get a better psu
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product