Video card upgrade help

Chrysoprasis

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
I am looking to upgrade my video card and I'll admit I don't know much about builds. I got a NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 and floundered around with the drivers before I got it to work and 3 weeks later it is crashing my computer. It made my PC run really slow then it was somehow keeping it from starting up when I hit the power button. I don't know. Just today it started crashing and giving me this blue screen that said it was a hardware crash and that I should restart my PC blah blah. So I uninstalled the hardware and I'm trying to get my money back. Could this be a power supply issue or is the card just bad? Maybe its a driver problem because I had so much trouble getting the right one installed/the old one uninstalled so it would work.

Anyway, I am looking at other cards now like the sapphire 100326ddr3l radeon hd 6670 1gb 128 bit. I was just wondering if anyone knows if it will run with win 7 64-bit on an AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor. I would really appreciate some help. This has been kind of a mess

washingmachine7

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011

Yes, it will run on that system.

And your Graphics card probably having some driver issues, download latest driver from the website of the manufacturer of your graphics card.And uninstall all your previous video card driver.

What power supply are you using to run this?

Chrysoprasis

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
My power supply is a COOLER MASTER Elite 460 RS-460-PSAR-J3 460W ATX12V V2.31 Power Supply. I thought I did uninstall the previous drivers and I installed what I thought was the most recent driver , but I guess I could have gotten the wrong one or done something wrong along the way. I don't get why they even give you a CD with the drivers if you have to go search the internet til you find one that works. Thanks for the response!

Chrysoprasis

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Ok maybe it wasn't my video card causing the problems because my computer is still crashing. Now it won't even start up. I have noticed little red LEDs light up on my motherboard that I haven't seen before. That's bad right? When I turn the power on the fans run and I can open up the CD drive but everything else is unresponsive. Please help! I need this computer for work.