Newsgroups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast
From: Nicholas Clark <sko...@home.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 18:21:35 GMT
Subject: Making DC-Mp3 Self-bootable?

Has anybody had any luck using the self-boot toolkit to make DCMp3
self-bootable? I followed the instructions
to the tee, but it didn't boot! I'll write out what I did.

1) copied the DCMp3 contents into the \selfboot\data directory
2) moved 1st_read.bin & ip.bin fron the \selfboot\data to \selfboot
3) ran 'cdrecord -dev=1,0,0 -multi -audio audio/raw speed=2'
4) ran Binhack.exe, using 1st_read.bin and ip.bin
5) moved 1st_read.bin back into \selfboot\data
6) ran 'mkisofs -C 0,11072 -V gyplay -l -o data.iso data
7) ran ipins.exe using ip.bin and data.iso
8) ran 'cdrecord -dev=1,0,0 -xa1 -speed=2 data.iso'

I got the numbers 1,0,0 by running 'scanbus.bat'
I got the number 11702 by running 'cdrecord -dev=1,0,0 -msinfo'

So, does anybody know what went wrong?

All replies much appreciated

Michael
email msg _at_ cybertheque _dot_ org

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Problem resolved: newer versions of cdrecord define mode 'xa' data
size as multiples of 2048 bytes while mode 'xa1' uses multiples of
2056 bytes.

According to the article at
http://curmudgeongamer.com/article.php?story=20040105232756356&mode=print
"the Dreamcast expects a sector size of 2048 bytes". Using mode 'xa'
results in a good burn.

The 1ST_READ.BIN and IP.BIN are correct in the distribution.