2 modens and 2 routers

jimorsue

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Hello,
I have 2 of each. Can I connect the 2nd modem and router together and use them for my bluray player /

Solution
You can only take advantage of two modems if you have two ISPs. Otherwise, put the other one aside, it's of no value.

If you have two wireless routers, it is *may* be possible to use one of them as a wireless client (for your network-capable blu-player).

[wireless router #1 (ap mode)]<-- wireless -->[wireless router #2 (client bridge mode)]<-- wire -->[blu-ray]

Some wireless routers support reconfiguration to a wireless client bridge using the stock firmware. If not, and you’re lucky enough to have a dd-wrt or tomato (third party firmware) compatible router, you could install either of these and configure the router as a wireless client bridge.

It all hinges on the particular make, model, and version of your routers...
You can only take advantage of two modems if you have two ISPs. Otherwise, put the other one aside, it's of no value.

If you have two wireless routers, it is *may* be possible to use one of them as a wireless client (for your network-capable blu-player).

[wireless router #1 (ap mode)]<-- wireless -->[wireless router #2 (client bridge mode)]<-- wire -->[blu-ray]

Some wireless routers support reconfiguration to a wireless client bridge using the stock firmware. If not, and you’re lucky enough to have a dd-wrt or tomato (third party firmware) compatible router, you could install either of these and configure the router as a wireless client bridge.

It all hinges on the particular make, model, and version of your routers.

Of course, you could always just buy a standalone wireless client bridge (aka, wireless ethernet bridge) too.

Solution