SP2 Bluetooth support audio/headset?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Can someone tell me if the XP SP2 Bluetooth stack supports audio gateway &
headset services.

Regards,

Paul
15 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth support audio headset
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    No, it does not support these profiles

    "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> wrote in message
    > Can someone tell me if the XP SP2 Bluetooth stack supports audio gateway &
    > headset services.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Paul

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Oh, why on earth did Microsoft not include these with SP2?

    Do you know if they have plan to add them? In the meantime I'll stick with
    the Widcomm drivers then!

    Regards,

    Paul

    "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    > No, it does not support these profiles

    > Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
    > Our RSS feeds give you up to date information on new software as soon as
    > they're available: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3344
    >
    > "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> wrote in message
    >> Can someone tell me if the XP SP2 Bluetooth stack supports audio gateway
    >> & headset services.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Paul

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Does this mean that if I get a BT headset, I won't be able to use it with
    Skype except if I use Widcomm drivers?

    "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> a écrit dans le message de
    > Oh, why on earth did Microsoft not include these with SP2?
    >
    > Do you know if they have plan to add them? In the meantime I'll stick with
    > the Widcomm drivers then!
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Paul
    >

    > "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    > > No, it does not support these profiles
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
    > > Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
    > > Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
    > > Our RSS feeds give you up to date information on new software as soon as
    > > they're available: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3344
    > >
    > > "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> wrote in message
    > >> Can someone tell me if the XP SP2 Bluetooth stack supports audio
    gateway
    > >> & headset services.
    > >>
    > >> Regards,
    > >>
    > >> Paul

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    I think so, I am using a Jabra BT250 with Skype and the Widcomm drivers,
    works fine....

    Regards,

    Paul

    "DeltaLima" <DeltaLima@hotSPAMmailPROTECTION.com> wrote in message
    > Does this mean that if I get a BT headset, I won't be able to use it with
    > Skype except if I use Widcomm drivers?
    >

    > "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> a écrit dans le message
    > de
    >> Oh, why on earth did Microsoft not include these with SP2?
    >>
    >> Do you know if they have plan to add them? In the meantime I'll stick
    >> with
    >> the Widcomm drivers then!
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Paul
    >>

    >> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
    >> message
    >> > No, it does not support these profiles
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
    >> > Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
    >> > Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
    >> > Our RSS feeds give you up to date information on new software as soon
    >> > as
    >> > they're available: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3344
    >> >
    >> > "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> wrote in message
    > gateway

  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Where do I download the latest driver? I don't know if it will be included
    on a CD with the phone or what but I want to be ready if I get the phone
    tomorrow.

    > I think so, I am using a Jabra BT250 with Skype and the Widcomm drivers,
    > works fine....
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Paul
    >

    > "DeltaLima" <DeltaLima@hotSPAMmailPROTECTION.com> wrote in message
    > > Does this mean that if I get a BT headset, I won't be able to use it
    with
    > > Skype except if I use Widcomm drivers?
    > >

    > > "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> a écrit dans le
    message
    > > de
    > >> Oh, why on earth did Microsoft not include these with SP2?
    > >>
    > >> Do you know if they have plan to add them? In the meantime I'll stick
    > >> with
    > >> the Widcomm drivers then!
    > >>
    > >> Regards,
    > >>
    > >> Paul
    > >>

    > >> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
    > >> message

    > > gateway

  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    The latest Microsoft driver is the one shipped with Windows XP Service Pack
    2.

    Th latest Widcomm drivers are (should be) available from the O&M who
    manufactured the Bluetooth adapter you're using.

    > Where do I download the latest driver? I don't know if it will be
    > included
    > on a CD with the phone or what but I want to be ready if I get the phone
    > tomorrow.
    >
    > "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> a écrit dans le message
    > de
    >> I think so, I am using a Jabra BT250 with Skype and the Widcomm drivers,
    >> works fine....
    >>

    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Paul
    >>

    >> "DeltaLima" <DeltaLima@hotSPAMmailPROTECTION.com> wrote in message
    >> > Does this mean that if I get a BT headset, I won't be able to use it
    > with
    >> > Skype except if I use Widcomm drivers?
    >> >

    >> > "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> a écrit dans le
    > message
    >> > de

    > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3344

    >> > gateway

  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Ok so if I install SP2 I'll be fine? I plan to clean install XP again soon
    so I'm asking before doing that work.

    "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> a écrit dans le message
    de news:%f0vd.14628$3U4.384156@news02.tsnz.net...
    > The latest Microsoft driver is the one shipped with Windows XP Service
    Pack
    > 2.
    >
    > Th latest Widcomm drivers are (should be) available from the O&M who
    > manufactured the Bluetooth adapter you're using.

    > Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
    > Our RSS feeds give you up to date information on new software as soon as
    > they're available: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3344
    >

    > "DeltaLima" <DeltaLima@hotSPAMmailPROTECTION.com> wrote in message
    > > Where do I download the latest driver? I don't know if it will be
    > > included
    > > on a CD with the phone or what but I want to be ready if I get the phone
    > > tomorrow.
    > >
    > > "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> a écrit dans le
    message
    > > de
    > >> I think so, I am using a Jabra BT250 with Skype and the Widcomm
    drivers,
    > >> works fine....
    > >>

    > >> Regards,
    > >>
    > >> Paul
    > >>

    > >> "DeltaLima" <DeltaLima@hotSPAMmailPROTECTION.com> wrote in message
    > > with

    > > message

    > > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3344

  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Not for headset use. You asked where to download the latest drivers.

    Windows XP SP2 is the latest Microsoft stack. Not all Bluetooth hardware
    work it it. Check the list on

    Widcomm 1.3 and up supports headset, but you can only download from the
    manufacturer's site and will work only with that specific brand (unless you
    do some changes which I do not condone).

    Read more about this:

    List of profiles: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3302
    List of devices: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=841803

    > Ok so if I install SP2 I'll be fine? I plan to clean install XP again
    > soon
    > so I'm asking before doing that work.
    >
    > "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> a écrit dans le
    > message
    > de news:%f0vd.14628$3U4.384156@news02.tsnz.net...
    >> The latest Microsoft driver is the one shipped with Windows XP Service
    > Pack
    >> 2.
    >>
    >> Th latest Widcomm drivers are (should be) available from the O&M who
    >> manufactured the Bluetooth adapter you're using.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
    >> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
    >> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
    >> Our RSS feeds give you up to date information on new software as soon as
    >> they're available: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3344
    >>

    >> "DeltaLima" <DeltaLima@hotSPAMmailPROTECTION.com> wrote in message
    >> > Where do I download the latest driver? I don't know if it will be
    >> > included
    >> > on a CD with the phone or what but I want to be ready if I get the
    >> > phone
    >> > tomorrow.
    >> >
    >> > "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> a écrit dans le
    > message
    >> > de
    > drivers,

    >> > with

    >> > message

    > stick

    >> > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3344

  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth, microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Paul Westwell wrote:
    > Oh, why on earth did Microsoft not include these with SP2?
    >
    > Do you know if they have plan to add them? In the meantime I'll stick
    with
    > the Widcomm drivers then!
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Paul

    It seems the folks at MS are a long way from deciding if or when they
    will include Headset support into the XP Bluetooth Stack.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Hi Paul,

    that would be very interesting for me. I am using a Jabra BT 200 with an
    Acer USB BT Dongle Class 2 (comes with Widcomm) under Win XP home, updated
    last Sept.. The pairing works fine, Audio-out is great, I hear my Skype
    Partner clearly, but he can't hear me clearly, just verz low and garbled.
    Same for me, I can't adjust any peaks in the Volume- and recording controls.
    That's why I would ask you, if that works on your system. Did you try
    Windows Hardwaretest in the Control Panel / Sounds and Audio / Voice? That's
    inactive here, too.

    Thanks for any help.
    Cheers,
    Stephan

    "Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I think so, I am using a Jabra BT250 with Skype and the Widcomm drivers,
    > works fine....
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Paul

  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Hi Stephan,

    did you manage it in the meantime?

    As I have the same problem I am interested in any solutions.
    (HBH-300, belkin-dongle with widcomm 1.4 and xp sp2)

    Thanks

    Uli

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:01:14 +1100, "Stephan Müller" <stmnt@web.de>
    wrote:

    >Hi Paul,
    >
    >that would be very interesting for me. I am using a Jabra BT 200 with an
    >Acer USB BT Dongle Class 2 (comes with Widcomm) under Win XP home, updated
    >last Sept.. The pairing works fine, Audio-out is great, I hear my Skype
    >Partner clearly, but he can't hear me clearly, just verz low and garbled.
    >Same for me, I can't adjust any peaks in the Volume- and recording controls.
    >That's why I would ask you, if that works on your system. Did you try
    >Windows Hardwaretest in the Control Panel / Sounds and Audio / Voice? That's
    >inactive here, too.
    >
    >Thanks for any help.
    >Cheers,
    >Stephan
    >

    >"Paul Westwell" <paul.news@nospam.westwell.me.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> I think so, I am using a Jabra BT250 with Skype and the Widcomm drivers,
    >> works fine....
    >>

    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Paul

  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Hi Uli,

    no, nothing. I did the Windows Update in between (obviously not SP2, just
    updates), but no working with the microphone so far.
    Very annoying. The headset works perfektly with my mobile, so I'm sure it's
    a software bug. Gonna have to buy a stupid cable mic for skype, as it seems.

    Well, still appreciating any help with this,
    Cheers,
    Stephan
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Just had a call with skype, it works ... great!

    What did I do? Don't know exactly, but I think a did this:

    connected headset with widcomm bluetooth
    swiched audio and voice to bluetooth audio
    in skype selected options--->hand/headset selected bluetooth audio for
    both audio in and out

    and done

    U.L.

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:33:39 +1100, "Stephan Müller" <stmnt@web.de>
    wrote:

    >Hi Uli,
    >
    >no, nothing. I did the Windows Update in between (obviously not SP2, just
    >updates), but no working with the microphone so far.
    >Very annoying. The headset works perfektly with my mobile, so I'm sure it's
    >a software bug. Gonna have to buy a stupid cable mic for skype, as it seems.
    >
    >Well, still appreciating any help with this,
    >Cheers,
    >Stephan

  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    What hardware are you using?

    Matt

    "Ulrich Lasse" <ulasse@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Just had a call with skype, it works ... great!
    >
    > What did I do? Don't know exactly, but I think a did this:
    >
    > connected headset with widcomm bluetooth
    > swiched audio and voice to bluetooth audio
    > in skype selected options--->hand/headset selected bluetooth audio for
    > both audio in and out
    >
    > and done
    >
    > U.L.
    >
    > On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:33:39 +1100, "Stephan Müller" <stmnt@web.de>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi Uli,
    > >
    > >no, nothing. I did the Windows Update in between (obviously not SP2, just
    > >updates), but no working with the microphone so far.
    > >Very annoying. The headset works perfektly with my mobile, so I'm sure
    it's
    > >a software bug. Gonna have to buy a stupid cable mic for skype, as it
    seems.

    > >Well, still appreciating any help with this,
    > >Cheers,
    > >Stephan

  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    As I mentioned in my previous post:

    >As I have the same problem I am interested in any solutions.
    >(HBH-300, belkin-dongle with widcomm 1.4 and xp sp2)

    U.L.

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:45:31 -0500, "Matt Packwood"
    <MattPackwood@cs.com> wrote:

    >What hardware are you using?
    >
    >Matt
    >

    >"Ulrich Lasse" <ulasse@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Just had a call with skype, it works ... great!
    >>
    >> What did I do? Don't know exactly, but I think a did this:
    >>
    >> connected headset with widcomm bluetooth
    >> swiched audio and voice to bluetooth audio
    >> in skype selected options--->hand/headset selected bluetooth audio for
    >> both audio in and out
    >>
    >> and done
    >>
    >> U.L.
    >>
    >> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:33:39 +1100, "Stephan Müller" <stmnt@web.de>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi Uli,
    >> >
    >> >no, nothing. I did the Windows Update in between (obviously not SP2, just
    >> >updates), but no working with the microphone so far.
    >> >Very annoying. The headset works perfektly with my mobile, so I'm sure
    >it's
    >> >a software bug. Gonna have to buy a stupid cable mic for skype, as it
    >seems.
    >> >
    >> >Well, still appreciating any help with this,
    >> >Cheers,
    >> >Stephan

Bluetooth Gaming Headsets Audio