700watt PSU enough for this build?

Motherboard = ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
CPU = AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz Quad-Core
CPU Cooler = Corsair H80
GPU = ASUS GTX570 DCII 1280MB
Memory = 16GB G.Skill Sniper (PC3 14900)
Harddrive(s) = (1) OCZ Vertex 3 SATA3 120GB, (1) SATA Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
Optical = SATA Lite-On DVD Burner w/Lightscribe

With these parts in mind, should a OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W PSU handle everything?
11 answers Last reply
More about 700watt build
  1. I don't recommend that unit.
    What's your budget?
  2. Hello RazorEye;

How far are you going with overclocking the CPU and GPU?

I think the ModXStream Pro 700W is going to have you covered, even with max OC'ing.
  3. Just used that MB with an AMD 1100T, 8G ram, 2 MSI Cyclone 3460 GTX-768s and used an Antec gamer 750. VERY solid PSU.
  4. We should probably talk about your case and it's cooling too.
    I think Davcon is thinking about the hot testing HardOCP did with the OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W where it didnt get good results above 40C.
  5. 700W is plenty and to spare...

550 is plenty even with overclocking (unless you are planning SLI at some point).

You would be better served with a unit like this one, which has a pretty kickin rebate atm.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207014
  6. Well, already got the 700 on the way, guess it's a bit of buyer's remorse kicking in making me doubt myself. This is all going into a Cooler Master 912 Plus, 200mm fans in the front and top. Other than the video card, not much will be in the way and I should have pretty good air flow. No overclocking as of now, but I wouldn't mind bumping things up just a little.
  7. RazorEye said:
    Well, already got the 700 on the way, guess it's a bit of buyer's remorse kicking in making me doubt myself. This is all going into a Cooler Master 912 Plus, 200mm fans in the front and top. Other than the video card, not much will be in the way and I should have pretty good air flow. No overclocking as of now, but I wouldn't mind bumping things up just a little.

You should be alright!
    I actually own two ModX 600W units = they've been great and one is over 2yrs old now.
    The 700W version has received alot of mixed reviews.
    The 500W unit is the best version out of the 3 imo.
  8. Everything other than my case comes in today, so I'll make sure I get all my warranty papers in order before I build this system out. Thanks for the info people, much appreciated.
  9. I think you're good to go.
    Even some 'average' overclocking if you want to let that Hydro 80 earn it's keep.
  10. Hi :)

Yes...

All the best Brett :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product