Sign in with
Your question

Is this board good

Last response: in Motherboards
November 27, 2012 4:56:21 PM

Is the as rock extreme 4 a good board for the 3770k? I want to overclock and will be using a sapphire 7950

More about : board good

a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
November 27, 2012 5:37:43 PM

Love mine /shrug. Easy to OC and restore if you go too far.

Only thing I'd recommend is adjust the fan profile down since the default is max all the time (kinda loud)...
m
l
November 27, 2012 5:55:07 PM

J_E_D_70 said:
Love mine /shrug. Easy to OC and restore if you go too far.

Only thing I'd recommend is adjust the fan profile down since the default is max all the time (kinda loud)...

I have the carbide 500r too was getting all the connections to go in easy for the mobo
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
November 27, 2012 6:05:53 PM

Only prob I had was the 4-pin CPU power cable. Had to run straight up the underside of the mobo tray and come out through the small square cutout at the top back. The cutout has no grommet so I reinforced the cable with some electrical tape (probably not necessary)...
m
l
November 27, 2012 6:07:53 PM

J_E_D_70 said:
Only prob I had was the 4-pin CPU power cable. Had to run straight up the underside of the mobo tray and come out through the small square cutout at the top back. The cutout has no grommet so I reinforced the cable with some electrical tape (probably not necessary)...

I just took it over the top thats the only messy wire in my computer. Also the as rock has a usb 3 headeer right
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
November 27, 2012 6:28:34 PM

Ya, USB 3.
m
l
November 27, 2012 8:39:51 PM

J_E_D_70 said:
Ya, USB 3.

Btw where are the connecties for the 2 fans in front and where do you connect the 200mm on the side
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
November 28, 2012 12:39:43 PM

The two front fans and the side all plug into the fan control harness (proprietary connector - slightly annoying). Then the fan control harness gets power from a molex connector.

Just a side note I pulled both drive trays to unblock the front fans and velcro'd the SSD to the optical drive cage. Works great!
m
l
!