Trouble with new build

Last response: in Memory
November 27, 2012 5:06:20 PM

Specs:

GPU - nVidia GTX 660Ti
RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP @ 1600Mhz
CPU - intel i5-3570K
MBO - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO

I've been getting numerous BSODs after my first week of this build. I've not overclocked anything or change voltage or anything. I've been getting loads of different types of BSOD, including;

IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

and others. The IT guys at my work ran a memtest for 11 and a half hours and found over five million errors with the RAM? I'm thinking the RAM is the problem but any advice / resolutions are welcomed.

More about : trouble build

a b } Memory
November 27, 2012 5:23:03 PM

Hi, What's the RAMs model (like CMZ....)?
November 27, 2012 5:29:17 PM

alexoiu said:
Hi, What's the RAMs model (like CMZ....)?

CML8GX3M2A1600C9B

Looking at some reviews on Amazon shows me that others have had similar problems with BSODs but like I said, any help or advice is welcomed.
Related resources
a b } Memory
November 27, 2012 5:41:27 PM

The RAMs are listed as compatible. It might be a bent pins issue. I would take the boad outside the case, reinstall the CPU and check the socket for bent pins (use a magnifying glass). Updating the BIOS might also help.
Have you checked each RAM stick with memtest or only both?
November 27, 2012 5:47:38 PM

alexoiu said:
The RAMs are listed as compatible. It might be a bent pins issue. I would take the boad outside the case, reinstall the CPU and check the socket for bent pins (use a magnifying glass). Updating the BIOS might also help.
Have you checked each RAM stick with memtest or only both?

I know they're compatible, that's why I bought them. I'll take a look at the pins but I was very careful as this was my first build. I'll also try updating the BIOS. The memtest was both sticks in at the same time.
a b } Memory
November 27, 2012 6:06:56 PM

Then it would be good to test each RAM individually. It might be a faulty RAM stick.
November 27, 2012 6:08:24 PM

alexoiu said:
Then it would be good to test each RAM individually. It might be a faulty RAM stick.

Thanks. This was my first assumption due to how careful I was. How long should I take each stick for?
a b } Memory
November 27, 2012 6:13:16 PM

2 passes.
November 27, 2012 6:16:51 PM

alexoiu said:
2 passes.

A pass is where the 'pass' bar fills up to 100% and then restarts right?
!