Shenmue Online development halted, probably scrapped

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,microsoft.public.xbox.games,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

Shenmue Online was in development for PCs for the Asian market - it was
thought that Shenmue Online would eventually be brought over to consoles
like Dreamcast, Xbox and perhaps PS2, but as things stand now, forget about
Shenmue Online all together.... (and hope for Shenmue 3!)

http://www.planetxbox.com/shenmuedojo/

-From Shenmue Dojo-

"According to the Japanese PC gaming site 4Gamer.net, JCE have confirmed
that the development of Shenmue Online has been halted. Though the reason
for ceasing development is unknown as of now, JCE will be making an
announcement on the matter next week."

-Further information from Kiyuu, a member on their forum-

"4Gamer.net, a Japanese PC Gaming site, reported JCE confirmed the
development
of Shenmue Online had come to a halt. JCE hasn't revealed the reason yet,
but they
said they'd be able to make some announcement next week.

http://www.4gamer.net/news/history/...5029detail.html

A Korean gaming site, thisisgame.com, says the development has stopped
around May.
According to them, SEGA has asked a Taiwanese company to develope the game.

4Gamer says they asked SEGA about this and SEGA confirmed that the
development
had stopped, but they said they didn't have much information, as SEGA
(Shanghai)
Software is in charge of this matter. And said they'd let us know when
they're ready."

<Highlander> wrote in message news:_vOdna0XRrfazmzfRVn-jQ@comcast.com...

> Shenmue Online was in development for PCs for the Asian market - it
> was thought that Shenmue Online would eventually be brought over to
> consoles like Dreamcast, Xbox and perhaps PS2, but as things stand now,
> forget about Shenmue Online all together.... (and hope for Shenmue 3!)

Can you tell me where to find the Sailors?

"Kulgan" <nickamckenna@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Oh! I wanted to post that! It's on a par with House Of The Dead 2's
> "Don't come! Don't come!"
>
> Kulgan.

Yeah, I want that on my PSP.