USB Dongle - what other uses does it have?

Tags:
  • Bluetooth
  • Phones
  • USB
Last response: in Technologies
December 13, 2004 8:37:30 PM

I've just bought a USB Bluetooth dongle to use alongside mobile PhoneTools &
my Motorola v600 phone , I just wondered what other features can I use with
my USB dongle (except with my phone of course :)

Thanks

More about : usb dongle

Anonymous
December 14, 2004 11:31:20 AM

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:37:30 -0000, "***JB"
<ignore@ignore.com.invalid> wrote:

>I've just bought a USB Bluetooth dongle to use alongside mobile PhoneTools &
>my Motorola v600 phone , I just wondered what other features can I use with
>my USB dongle (except with my phone of course :)
>
>Thanks

I think it depends on the profiles the dongle offers, which depends on
its drivers. I expect it has the human interface profile, so you
might be able to use a BT mouse and keyboard. Might be able to use
your headset for chatting over IP.

hth
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 2:10:20 PM

I'm new to BT..

I'm looking to get the Iogear GBU311

Profiles listed on website says:

Generic Access,Serial Port,Dial-Up Networking,Fax,LAN,Object Push,File
Transfer,Synchronization

Is that fine if I want to use a headset and use Skype? And I guess Sync
will be for my T637

"ignoremetoo" <ignoremetoo@ignore.com.invalid> a écrit dans le message de
news:o c1ur0t60ndae64phjvr7io9t8ukkfe3eu@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:37:30 -0000, "***JB"
> <ignore@ignore.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> >I've just bought a USB Bluetooth dongle to use alongside mobile
PhoneTools &
> >my Motorola v600 phone , I just wondered what other features can I use
with
> >my USB dongle (except with my phone of course :)
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> I think it depends on the profiles the dongle offers, which depends on
> its drivers. I expect it has the human interface profile, so you
> might be able to use a BT mouse and keyboard. Might be able to use
> your headset for chatting over IP.
>
> hth
December 15, 2004 12:18:49 AM

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10387151&loc=...

> Is that fine if I want to use a headset and use Skype ?
That will be perfect if you also use a headset BT 1.2 !!!

Do you know a Webshop able to ship it to France ? ?
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 12:18:50 AM

Non désolé.. je suis même pas capable d'en trouver un au Canada mais j'en
vois plein sur des sites en ligne aux USA.

"Algames" <algames@algames.info> a écrit dans le message de
> > I'm looking to get the Iogear GBU311
> http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10387151&loc=...
>
> > Is that fine if I want to use a headset and use Skype ?
> That will be perfect if you also use a headset BT 1.2 !!!
>
> Do you know a Webshop able to ship it to France ? ?

Anonymous
December 15, 2004 10:43:10 PM

DeltaLima wrote:
> Non désolé.. je suis même pas capable d'en trouver un au Canada mais
> j'en vois plein sur des sites en ligne aux USA.

1) GBU311 d'Iogear :
http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GBU311
2) USB-240 d'Anycom :
http://www.anycom.com/anycom/products/prod_main.php?pro...
3) SP936B de Micronet :
http://www.micronet.info/Products/Bluetooth/SP936B.asp

Et sur Ebay les dongles USB BT 1.2 se font rares,
ou alors au même prix que le neuf + transport,
enfin, si c'est la seule solution...

Ou alors attendre quelques mois que les produits BT 2.0 sortent...

Bonne chance à toi également,
amicalement,
--
Alain. www.algames.info