USB Dongle - what other uses does it have?

I've just bought a USB Bluetooth dongle to use alongside mobile PhoneTools &
my Motorola v600 phone , I just wondered what other features can I use with
my USB dongle (except with my phone of course :)

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about dongle have

    On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:37:30 -0000, "***JB"
    <ignore@ignore.com.invalid> wrote:

    >I've just bought a USB Bluetooth dongle to use alongside mobile PhoneTools &
    >my Motorola v600 phone , I just wondered what other features can I use with
    >my USB dongle (except with my phone of course :)
    >
    >Thanks

    I think it depends on the profiles the dongle offers, which depends on
    its drivers. I expect it has the human interface profile, so you
    might be able to use a BT mouse and keyboard. Might be able to use
    your headset for chatting over IP.

    hth

    I'm new to BT..

    I'm looking to get the Iogear GBU311

    Profiles listed on website says:

    Generic Access,Serial Port,Dial-Up Networking,Fax,LAN,Object Push,File
    Transfer,Synchronization

    Is that fine if I want to use a headset and use Skype? And I guess Sync
    will be for my T637

    "ignoremetoo" <ignoremetoo@ignore.com.invalid> a écrit dans le message de
    > On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:37:30 -0000, "***JB"
    > <ignore@ignore.com.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > >I've just bought a USB Bluetooth dongle to use alongside mobile
    PhoneTools &
    > >my Motorola v600 phone , I just wondered what other features can I use
    with
    > >my USB dongle (except with my phone of course :)
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >
    > I think it depends on the profiles the dongle offers, which depends on
    > its drivers. I expect it has the human interface profile, so you
    > might be able to use a BT mouse and keyboard. Might be able to use
    > your headset for chatting over IP.
    >
    > hth
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10387151&loc=101&sp=1

    > Is that fine if I want to use a headset and use Skype ?
    That will be perfect if you also use a headset BT 1.2 !!!

    Do you know a Webshop able to ship it to France ? ?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Non désolé.. je suis même pas capable d'en trouver un au Canada mais j'en
    vois plein sur des sites en ligne aux USA.

    "Algames" <algames@algames.info> a écrit dans le message de
    > > I'm looking to get the Iogear GBU311
    > http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10387151&loc=101&sp=1
    >
    > > Is that fine if I want to use a headset and use Skype ?
    > That will be perfect if you also use a headset BT 1.2 !!!
    >
    > Do you know a Webshop able to ship it to France ? ?

  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    DeltaLima wrote:
    > Non désolé.. je suis même pas capable d'en trouver un au Canada mais
    > j'en vois plein sur des sites en ligne aux USA.

    1) GBU311 d'Iogear :
    http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GBU311
    2) USB-240 d'Anycom :
    http://www.anycom.com/anycom/products/prod_main.php?prodid=cc3035
    3) SP936B de Micronet :
    http://www.micronet.info/Products/Bluetooth/SP936B.asp

    Et sur Ebay les dongles USB BT 1.2 se font rares,
    ou alors au même prix que le neuf + transport,
    enfin, si c'est la seule solution...

    Ou alors attendre quelques mois que les produits BT 2.0 sortent...

    Bonne chance à toi également,
    amicalement,
    --
    Alain. www.algames.info