Thread is Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zardiw

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
***..*** ing thread is closed, why allow a response window to come up..........HEY TOM you listening........z

What thread is that? At first glance of your post, I'm inclined to say it's not BS... threads are very rarely closed, but when it does happen, it's done so with good reason. After looking over the first page of the Windows 7 section, I see no closed threads, so perhaps you could link me to the one you are talking about?

zardiw

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
Even when somebody isn't even logged in, the msg window pops up when you click on add reply.......you only find out you're not logged in, or even registered until you hit the submit button............z

I closed that thread almost 2 weeks ago, And Tom's Hardware works fine in Firefox. I wouldn't be typing this message to you right now otherwise...

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
95003fda9e20bc30a859e42debfecbf7.jpg

zardiw

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009

I didn't say it didn't work in Firefox. I said it didn't work in Mozilla...............z

zardiw

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009

"a bit odd?" It's a bug dude.......let's call it what it is.......lololol.

And pray tell.........point out to me where on this page which I got to via Google, there is ANY indication that the thread is closed:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/655-63-make-look

And fwiw, this attitude of 'oh it must be the user's fault, there is NO WAY anything could be wrong on our end' makes me wanna puke...........z

99% of the time when people say Mozilla, they actually mean Firefox. I'm just used to making that assumption.

In either case, it works in the Mozilla suite browser for me... Is there a particular reason you need to use it over Firefox? If there is none, use Firefox instead.

Wow - it's the end of the world, isn't it. Probably best to go and find a friendlier forum.

(The last post in the thread tells you that it's closed - simple really. I presume you did read the thread before deigning to grace us with your words of wisdom?)

It must be the user's fault.;)

zardiw

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009

The biggest reason I use Mozilla is for the built in EMail client, which stands head and shoulders over ALL OTHER EMail clients.........thing is a work of art when it comes to usability.......nothing else even comes close.

Also Mozilla has other conveniences that they left out of Firefox. For one, when you type into the location bar, it autocompletes. Firefox doesn't. Also the bookmarks are way more convenient. Ctl-B opens a new bookmark window which is nice.

I'm all about efficiency and usability, and Mozilla has that covered to the nth degree. There are more and more websites that I have to use Firefox on.......However Mozilla still works on 95% of the sites I visit......which is amazing considering how old it is...........

Which version of Mozilla lets you log into TH?..........Cause mine generates the JS error posted earlier..........z

zardiw

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009

I don't care how you slice it..........If a thread is closed and you hit add reply, there should be a message saying it's closed..........not a new post window where one can merrily type their response, and only find out when they click submit that .......oops......gotcha dude.....the thread is closed.....lol.........

Not to mention that one can also click on add reply when they are not even logged in..........z

zardiw

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
And you guys should really clean up your CSS......and other erros.....One would think that a site as well respected as TH is would have a clean slate on the error console.......

For people that don't have a clue what I'm talking about, it's Firefox/Tools/Error Console

When it first opens, hit clear, and then do some navigation like log out and log back in, and see how quickly that console fills up with errors...........z

For Ctrl+B, why not just use Ctrl+D?

For Email, Webmail Notifier.

For URL, FireFox also auto completes.

zardiw

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009

I would use seamonkey, which replaced Mozilla, however I find the name idiotic, and can't see myself using something called seamonkey.

Need to check out Google Chrome and see how convenient it is to use.........z

Blame those errors on BestOfMedia's French admins.

Well at least you now know where it said the thread was closed, so we're making some progress.:)

How can anyone read through a thread and not notice that the last post in it says "Ok... time to close this one out. I think we've all beat this horse enough to kill it twice." Ah well, all of us who've worked in support have come across users like that.

zardiw

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009

Firefox does NOT auto complete. It throws up a pulldown box.

In Mozilla for instance if I want to go to Google, I do the following

Alt+D - Highlights the location bar.
G
Enter

That's it. Mozilla fills in Google.com when I type the G........Now that's what I call usability........z

Status
Not open for further replies.