site:tomshardware com why is my new cpu not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtreme650

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Hello,
i have an nforce650i Ultru mobo,ijust put a core 2 quad Q8400 cpu in it and it turns on but does nothing else ???? also have a GeForce9800GT graphics card also running 4G of dual channel DDR2 Ram. HELP Clint

xtreme650

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

I checked with tiger directs tech sup and they said no prob should be fine

xtreme650

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

Ive been building PC's for about 8 yrs but usually get a mobo cpu package to start with. what does 45nm stand for?

8 years and you dont know the basics of architecture size?. honestly m8 im suprised your still in business... buying bundles isnt always the best idea. often you will get the cpu you want but a subpar moytherboard.

anyways on to answering your question... after thinking long and hard i decided it would be better just to link similar articles i started with when i asked the same kinds of questions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanometers is a good start point. read up on 45nm and other sizes to get more of an idea.
you may like did, have to look up words like lithography as it can get rather complicated for the beginner...

xtreme650

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Thanks for the insult its always nice to start with a slap in the face but this is just a hobby im not in business. I think i will just ask for some friendly advice on a different forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.