An APU 2.7 GHz new build ....like some input. !

sdep777

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
This build is for my daily use machine, Surf, Download Movies, Music and Software, stream TV , You tube videos, Converting video files to VOB, Ripping CD's , Lot's of Internet use, Word, Excel, Photo shop, Super DVD Creator.

I would like to know if this setup would be better than going with a AM 3 Board setup or an 1155 Board setup.
I have ran this every which way and feel this is the way to go. So please feel free to give your Input.

Parts will be purchased through New Egg , Build budget is 500.00 for all

Operating system is Windows XP Pro sp2 X64

Parts I don't need :

Monitor, Operating System, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers

Parts List:

CPU

AMD A4-3400 2.7GHz Socket FM1 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor

MOTHERBOARD

BIOSTAR TA75M Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

VIDEO CARD

APU on chip

MEMORY

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

HARD DRIVE....SSD X2 IN RAID 0

Patriot Pyro PP60GS25SSDR 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

DVD BURNER

LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04

POWER SUPPLY

Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W Continuous Power Supply

CASE

Fractal Design Core 1000 Micro ATX Computer Case

TOTAL COST FROM NEW EGG IS ............505.00

Thanks for the Input. !!

Solution
There are triple core options as well that can some times hit the sweet spot in your wallet .
I would probably stick with 2 x4 gig of RAM . Remember the graphics core shares system memory so the entire 4 gig is not available to the processor

A 300 watt psu is more appropriate . Total system draw is likely to be around 110 watts so save money here .

You have an OS . Make sure its 64 bit

RAID 0 has always been a hard mountain to climb . I doubt you will notice a speed boost from RAIDing two SSD's . How about a single SSD boot drive and a hard drive with much more capacity for data storage ?
There are triple core options as well that can some times hit the sweet spot in your wallet .
I would probably stick with 2 x4 gig of RAM . Remember the graphics core shares system memory so the entire 4 gig is not available to the processor

A 300 watt psu is more appropriate . Total system draw is likely to be around 110 watts so save money here .

You have an OS . Make sure its 64 bit

RAID 0 has always been a hard mountain to climb . I doubt you will notice a speed boost from RAIDing two SSD's . How about a single SSD boot drive and a hard drive with much more capacity for data storage ?

Solution