Sign in with
Your question

Unable to Edit My Own Thread...

Last response: in Forum Feedback
December 21, 2009 11:31:20 AM

Hi Everyone,

I created a a few threads in the past. I noticed that i had a misspelled word in the title so i thought of editing it and correcting the mistake. But when i edited the thread and clicked on submit i got an error message of something like "You cannot edit this thread". Is it a bug or are all threads not allowed to be edited? I can do a quick edit though. Its just that i cant do the normal edit.

More about : unable edit thread

December 21, 2009 1:27:37 PM

Hi,

Does this only really happen when editing the title?

Justin
December 22, 2009 3:43:57 AM

No... Few weeks ago i tried to edit the thread as well and got the same thing. Since it was my first thread created by me on the forum i thought... "Maybe coz this is the first thread i am creating, i am not allowed to change it!"
Related resources
December 22, 2009 4:04:31 AM

UK or US forum?
December 22, 2009 4:20:23 AM

Problem identified. It's full of bugs... :) 
December 22, 2009 6:33:54 AM

I'm the bug catcher!!! :sol: 

Thanks all! :love: 
December 22, 2009 12:55:37 PM

Hi,

Thanks, I'll try to let them know. However, as randomizer said, the UK forum has quite a few bugs. For now, just use the quick edit. Hopefully, all the UK bugs can be fixed soon.

Justin
January 15, 2010 8:01:30 AM

Well today my Quick Edit option is also gone! I clicked on it and instead of the text are opening all i saw that the post went blank! I have attached a screen shot. Please look into this!

Before:

After Clicking the Quick Edit Button:
January 15, 2010 8:05:08 AM

You can't use IMG tags for locally stored files (do you really want this site to have such easy access to your PC? ;) ), you'll need to upload them to Photobucket or some other hosting site.
January 15, 2010 8:05:15 AM

Sorry about the pics! I thought i would add the screen shots. But i don't see, how to attach pics as well! :( 
!