Unable to Edit My Own Thread...

Hi Everyone,

I created a a few threads in the past. I noticed that i had a misspelled word in the title so i thought of editing it and correcting the mistake. But when i edited the thread and clicked on submit i got an error message of something like "You cannot edit this thread". Is it a bug or are all threads not allowed to be edited? I can do a quick edit though. Its just that i cant do the normal edit.
11 answers Last reply
More about unable edit thread
  1. Hi,

Does this only really happen when editing the title?

Justin
  2. No... Few weeks ago i tried to edit the thread as well and got the same thing. Since it was my first thread created by me on the forum i thought... "Maybe coz this is the first thread i am creating, i am not allowed to change it!"
  3. UK or US forum?
  4. UK forum!
  5. Problem identified. It's full of bugs... :)
  6. I'm the bug catcher!!! :sol:

Thanks all! :love:
  7. Hi,

Thanks, I'll try to let them know. However, as randomizer said, the UK forum has quite a few bugs. For now, just use the quick edit. Hopefully, all the UK bugs can be fixed soon.

Justin
  8. Well today my Quick Edit option is also gone! I clicked on it and instead of the text are opening all i saw that the post went blank! I have attached a screen shot. Please look into this!

Before:

After Clicking the Quick Edit Button:
  9. You can't use IMG tags for locally stored files (do you really want this site to have such easy access to your PC? ;)), you'll need to upload them to Photobucket or some other hosting site.
  10. Sorry about the pics! I thought i would add the screen shots. But i don't see, how to attach pics as well! :(
Ask a new question

Read More

Site Bug Reports Error Message Tom's Hardware