Want to make my computer into a gateway more or less

Been checkin some forums and still have not seen anything like this.... basically I want to take my SX280 and turn it into a gateway in a way. What I have is 2 24dbi antennas hooked into some RaLink usb wlan cards, and hooked into this comp and i want to be able to share the network connection with a hub. I have a WRT150N and 3 WRT54G routers, and one 9 port (8 port utp, 1 port bnc) hub. I would like to stay away from the last one unless it is better then i think, as it is only 10 mbps where as the rest are 100. any pointers?
3 answers Last reply
More about want make computer gateway less
  1. A bit like that only I would like to be able to utilize the secondary routers wifi capabilities, and the last time I tried something like this I bricked my first WRT54G, since then have invested in a universal jtag, and bought 2 other bricked 54s and brought them back to life. Have not been brave enough to try it again, although that was the first route I wanted to go. From what I understand you cant use both the ethernet ports, and the wlan if you go this route? is that even close to right?
  2. I set everything up right, but the release I used was not compatible (v24 VPN Generic) so it actually bricked my wrt when I tried to set it up as a client (couldn't ping). I have one other question, is something like this possible?

Didn't really have much time so it is a little sketchy... but you get the idea.

Thanks for your help so far too. Much appreciated.
  3. Answer my own question with some trail and error. Thanks for the input.
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Network Connection Computers Gateway Networking