Could a modxstream pro 500w?

pit_1209

Distinguished
I have a modsxtream pro 500w, and i was wondering if it could handle a high end card like hd 69xx, tha fact is that the psu is dual rail and one handle the pcie and the other stuff but the motherboard and cpu, just 18amp will be enough for a high end card and periferics? correct me if i´m wrong. :(

Solution
This is not a "very old school" PSU. This is a modern piece of equipment designed to run high-end graphics hardware. You can run the 6950 on the two 18A rails, and you can run everything else on the same two 18A rails.
The card's recommended amperage covers the entire system, not just itself. It should draw something like 18 or 20 off the two rails, leaving plenty for the rest of the system.

pit_1209

Distinguished
The thing is that i don´t want to overload a rail, because like it explains here:
"Typical multiple +12V rail configurations:
2 x 12V rails
Original ATX12V specification's division of +12V rails.
One rail to the CPU, one rail to everything else.
VERY old school since it's very likely that "everything else" may include a graphics card that requires a PCIe connector.
Typically only seen on PSU's < 600W."

Can i run "everything else" and a video card like the hd 6950 with that rail of 18amp? I may sound like flying around in the same thing too much but I want to be pretty sure about this, :(

This is not a "very old school" PSU. This is a modern piece of equipment designed to run high-end graphics hardware. You can run the 6950 on the two 18A rails, and you can run everything else on the same two 18A rails.
The card's recommended amperage covers the entire system, not just itself. It should draw something like 18 or 20 off the two rails, leaving plenty for the rest of the system.

Solution

One rail to the cpu and motherboard, one to everything else, you said so yourself in the OP.
The card will draw power from the slot on the motherboard, hmm power from both rails what a concept.

Dual rail psu.
1 rail to the native cables, 1 rail to the modular cables.
Both pcie cables are modular.