Drive "D" folder auto loads to desk top

August 4, 2004 7:39:00 PM

The "D" drive folder auto open on the desk top when I
boot my computer. How can I stop this. Thanks for your
help
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 11:51:21 PM

"Glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The "D" drive folder auto open on the desk top when I
>boot my computer. How can I stop this. Thanks for your
>help

Check your startup settings to find out what is causing this.
Applications that start with Windows can be found here:
- the WIN.INI, section [windows], entries "run=" and "load="
- the Registry keys
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
- the folders
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
See also "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows
XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).

--
(tm)