Sign in with
Your question
Closed

confused on the new parts i got? can some one clarify?

Last response: in Memory
September 13, 2012 12:59:46 AM

Hello, so i just bought some new ram and a new mobo. But in the features of the ram im confused on whether it will be compatible with my mobo. Here are the parts and there specs.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR32133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL ''special features''-
Quad channel memory designed for Intel LGA2011 and X79 systems Compatible with Intel LGA1155 and AMD Llano/AM3+ platforms Intel XMP support for 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors

The mobo- ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX IntelMotherboard

So i know the mobo can handle the ddr3 2133. But its those special features of the ram that are confusing the hell out of me? Help a rookie out and tell me its compatible or do i have to return and get a different ram/

More about : confused parts clarify

a b } Memory
November 28, 2012 3:20:08 AM

Wow, old post. Not sure how I got here but I'll answer and close it in case you are still watching. You would have gotten an answer if this had been in the right section.

The RAM is not completely compatible as it runs at 1.6V when running at that 2133 frequency. Doing that would not be proper for your processor anyway, as it's considered an overclock of the CPU and violates the warranty.

At the default clocks the RAM will likely run at 1333 or 1600, depending on your CPU, and will probably default to the safe 1.5V... so if you have installed this already check the BIOS to make sure that is the case, and you are fine.

a b } Memory
November 28, 2012 3:21:04 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Forum Feedback to section Motherboards & Memory by Proximon
Related resources
!