Sign in with
Your question

BSOD Memtest Errors

Last response: in Memory
Anonymous
a b } Memory
November 28, 2012 3:40:47 AM

Hi, I built this system almost half a year ago and has been working fine but in the past few days, I've gotten a couple BSODs with memory management errors and system service exceptions.

My specs are:
i5-3570k
ASRock Pro3 Z77
Corsair XMS 1600 DDR3 (1.65V)
Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU

I suspected that the 1.65V of my RAM was a likely culprit since Intel requires 1.5V kits. I ran Memtest+ first using the default settings in the BIOS and immediately got thousands of errors within minutes. I then tried setting the RAM to 1.5V through the BIOS and ran the test again and got the same results.

More about : bsod memtest errors

Anonymous
a b } Memory
December 4, 2012 2:23:32 AM

Quote:
Hi, I built this system almost half a year ago and has been working fine but in the past few days, I've gotten a couple BSODs with memory management errors and system service exceptions.

My specs are:
i5-3570k
ASRock Pro3 Z77
Corsair XMS 1600 DDR3 (1.65V)
Apevia 500W Power Supply

I suspected that the 1.65V of my RAM was a likely culprit since Intel requires 1.5V kits. I ran Memtest+ first using the default settings in the BIOS and immediately got thousands of errors within minutes. I then tried setting the RAM to 1.5V through the BIOS and ran the test again and got the same results.

I was having a problem earlier this month with my low quality power supply that was unable to support my graphics card. I ended up taking the card out and have not run into problems since but could that PSU been damaging my motherboard and affecting this test? I ask since I am wondering how my computer managed to run so well for so long without any problems until now with the RAM...

Anyone have ideas? Should I RMA the RAM because it is faulty or buy 1.5V RAM since the 1.65V RAM will cause the same problems?
m
l
!