Serial ATA Controller Problem

neilalwayswins

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I have had so much trouble lately. My gaming has been completely halted by random BSOD's. I am currently running windows 8 and when I look at my device manager for driver issues there is a warning label next to my SERIAL ATA CONTROLLER device. I am positive this is the source of my problems as the driver is probably horribly outdated. The only problem is I have no idea how to actually update this thing since the automatic driver windows search doesn't work and I am no tech guru. Can someone please help me with this. I will provide any information necessary if needed. Thanks!

K0BRA

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

=] I'll assume that you do not know which hard drive you have in your case. If you did know it you can simply research on the internet and it will have your updates. If the computer is from a main manufacturer i'm sure it came with a CD that has its drivers. Sorry im not an expert just trying to help. Everything gonna be fine =] Hard drive problems are simple.

EDIT: Maybe this will help you find any updates. Hopefully your hard drive is not so much out of date that there is no possible update for it. Anyway you just need to find out the name of your hard-drive and look it up online from the distributors page and see if it has updates.

The name of the drive should be in your BIOS menu. Restart your computer and look for the splash screen that displays the company of the motherboard (It shows up before windows, it could be Dell or Gateway or anything from that lot), It should say press a key to enter Setup, this the menu you want to be in. After you press the key and you enter that setup (you need to press the key on that splash screen) find your HD Device and write down the name that is listed for it. Then go online and find out information, maybe tag along the name update with it and see if anything useful pops up.