MSI N570GTX/OC dx11 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limondz

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
I've had this problem since I first built this PC towards the end of March of this year. Every time I try to play games with Direct X11 enabled I can only play for about 5 minutes before I get some repeating green spots on my screen and either the program crashes to desktop or the PC just locks up. The games that I have played on all vary, Shogun 2: Total War, The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings, RIFT, Deus Ex: Human Revolution. When I disable DX11 everything runs smoothly and nothing happens. Only when DX11 is enabled.

Here is a picture of what happens http://i.imgur.com/dee0a.jpg

I have RMA cards twice, sent it back to newegg once. It seems to be a problem with this line of cards. No matter what drivers I update, or rollback, or change, nothing seems to fix this problem.

I have flashed the VBIOS, Updated, rolled back, restored pointed. Need more ideas to try and fix.

Has anyone had similar problems, or is my only option to pretty much beg Newegg to take it back long after the refund policy and get a new card?

System specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz Quad Core
MOBO: MSI P67A-GD53 (B3)
RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
GPU: MSI N570GTX-M2D12D5/OC GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5
HD: WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2

Solution
There was an issue with a certain batch of MSi 570's when the voltage was not set correctly. I happened to get one of them. Try the voltage around 1.0, and see what happens. It fixed my crashing problem, although i did not get the artifacting issue with mine. my core/shader is at 786/1572
I too have had my RMA difficulties with MSI products. They tend to return open box items to you as your replacement. Green spots usually indicate that your overclock is too high. If you are running at stock speeds and have tried to update the BIOS, then either the cooling isn't working or there is some defect.

Is it a reference model of a factory overclocked Twin Frozr model?

There was an issue with a certain batch of MSi 570's when the voltage was not set correctly. I happened to get one of them. Try the voltage around 1.0, and see what happens. It fixed my crashing problem, although i did not get the artifacting issue with mine. my core/shader is at 786/1572

Solution

Limondz

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
The first RMA I had while dual monitoring with nothing but Chrome up the idle temp was 85+, but that is no longer the case. It isn't a Twin Frozr but it is factory Overclocked. Ill try changing the voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.