Last response: in Technologies
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 16, 2004 3:29:54 AM

I apologise in advance if my question is blatantly stupid but forgive a
pensioner lady for asking ?

I have sucessfully installed on my laptop and 'paired' a Bluetooth adaptor
with my mobile phone which appear to be working ok and 'talking ' to each
other. I want to use my mobile phone to connect laptop to internet but here
am stuck. I need to set up a connection of some kind but cannot find the
right information to tell me how, or maybe I am not asking the right
questions ? Could anyone advise or point me in the right direction ?
TIA

JWT

More about : bluetooth laptop mobile phone

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 27, 2005 7:54:02 PM

JWT wrote:
> I apologise in advance if my question is blatantly stupid but forgive a
> pensioner lady for asking ?
>
> I have sucessfully installed on my laptop and 'paired' a Bluetooth adaptor
> with my mobile phone which appear to be working ok and 'talking ' to each
> other. I want to use my mobile phone to connect laptop to internet but here
> am stuck. I need to set up a connection of some kind but cannot find the
> right information to tell me how, or maybe I am not asking the right
> questions ? Could anyone advise or point me in the right direction ?
> TIA
>
> JWT

Well the best way to do this is to look at the documentation of your
cellular phone. Newer phones are usually delivered with software on CD
that can provide this functionality.

If not, go to the homepage of the cellular phones vendor and look for
possible software solutions supporting your phone.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 24, 2005 10:36:32 PM

Peter Haller wrote:
> JWT wrote:
>
>> I apologise in advance if my question is blatantly stupid but forgive a
>> pensioner lady for asking ?
>>
>> I have sucessfully installed on my laptop and 'paired' a Bluetooth
>> adaptor
>> with my mobile phone which appear to be working ok and 'talking ' to each
>> other. I want to use my mobile phone to connect laptop to internet
>> but here
>> am stuck. I need to set up a connection of some kind but cannot find the
>> right information to tell me how, or maybe I am not asking the right
>> questions ? Could anyone advise or point me in the right direction ?
>> TIA
>>
>> JWT
>>

> Well the best way to do this is to look at the documentation of your
> cellular phone. Newer phones are usually delivered with software on CD
> that can provide this functionality.
>
> If not, go to the homepage of the cellular phones vendor and look for
> possible software solutions supporting your phone.

You will be sucessful - what you now need is a data package from your
cel phone company - in canada unlimited data is about $50 a monthe -
with my sony ericsson i get about the same as a 43 Kbaud modem - not
fast but truly wireless