Sign in with
Your question

Need advice on a mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
November 28, 2012 10:27:18 AM

oki guys i need a mobo that will be compatible with this parts??

CPU Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB
Case NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply Corsair 600W ATX12V
Optical Drive Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer

i was thinking ths:Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 but because i dont think i will OC or sli,probably buy new gpu when it wont serve me this one...but if i buy a lower mobo will it be able to function with new gpu or nobody knows??i'm buying from uk......

More about : advice mobo

November 28, 2012 10:55:19 AM

Any z77 motherboard will do fine and will support ANY modern graphics card (for the long foreseeable future aswell). That ASrock motherboard is a fantastic motherboard (I have it myself) but if you really don't need any of those features you mentioned, then something like a z77 Pro3 or Pro4 is perfect too as they are pretty cheap but you can still OC pretty well (if you ever chose to).

If you are completely deadset on never OCing or going multi-GPU, you can always get a H77 chipset mobo, they're even cheaper still.
November 28, 2012 11:00:50 AM

rene13cross said:
Any z77 motherboard will do fine and will support ANY modern graphics card (for the long foreseeable future aswell). That ASrock motherboard is a fantastic motherboard (I have it myself) but if you really don't need any of those features you mentioned, then something like a z77 Pro3 or Pro4 is perfect too as they are pretty cheap but you can still OC pretty well (if you ever chose to).

If you are completely deadset on never OCing or going multi-GPU, you can always get a H77 chipset mobo, they're even cheaper still.

can you suggest because i dont know from h77 if its no big trouble
Related resources
November 28, 2012 12:01:51 PM

hmmm...oki but i think i'll stick with extreme 4 because it looks more future proof and its a hobby...a big hobby....so if if you could choose between these 2 cases what would you pick....nztx hades or nztx lexa s
here are the 2 links:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/nzxt-lexa-s-black-mid-to...

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/nzxt-hades-black-mid-tow...!

i want the phantom 410 white but its expensive and found these 2 and it seems to have a very good airflow and i didnt find any other case good with same price...
a c 87 V Motherboard
November 28, 2012 12:04:10 PM

I don't know anything about those cases sorry
November 28, 2012 3:55:05 PM

using Asrock H77M with i5-3570K no probems (not overclocking of course) , Same memory you mentioned. No problems with 4 months use (other than recycled 3 year old HDD went kaput) so bought a 1Tb wd blue and noticed difference in access time and its got 64mb cache
!