SkylinePrints

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Hi All,

I have learned a lot over the years from this forum but this is my first post. I hope I put it in the right place.

My computer wont come on. The LED light on the MB turns on but the fans, harddrives, and everything else stay off. When I push the power button on front, the fan acts like it wants to turn but doesnt even make a quarter turn before it stops. so its just DOA. no bios, no nothing...

I replaced the powerpack as the computer has a few years on it and I've had issue with the PSU before. Even with the new PSU, nothing changed. exactly the same.... no fans works, no sounds, no boot. :(

Before throwing money at a problem, I'd rather take an educated approach. The only two things left I can think could be the issue is either MB or CPU. However, I have no idea how to test these to see if they are the issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Intel socket 775 board
no graphics card (actually, nothing extra plugged in)
1 harddrive that is 2 months old.
dvd drive
floppy drive

Nathan H

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you are sure the new PSU is OK, I would have to assume the board has failed. There's not much you can do to determine which is the culprit for sure, other than try a different CPU and board. But, it is far more likely that the board has failed than the processor.