Sign in with
Your question
Closed

New cooler or just thermal paste?

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
January 27, 2012 3:46:32 PM

I got an athlon 2 x3 440 not oc´d in a matx case, is not a good case but it does it´s work, the temps are like 36, 38c idle and like 65 at load, i think that´s pretty normal but in my country in summer it gets pretty hot around here and i´m worried about that, i usually clean the pc like every two months and i was wondering if a change the thermal paste (the mx-4 i got in mind) or get an aftermarket cooler like the hyper tx3 which is perfect for my case.

there is two fan, one rear for exhaust 80mm and one at the side for intake 80mm too just above the videocard and the exhaust fan of the psu 135mm which is above in the case, you know, old case arch. i was thinking too in change the rear fan for a 120mm one, what do you think about it guys? :??: 

More about : cooler thermal paste

a c 146 à CPUs
January 27, 2012 4:04:54 PM

pit_1209 said:
I got an athlon 2 x3 440 not oc´d in a matxcase, is not a good case but it does it´s work, the temps are like 36, 38c idle and like 65 at load, i think that´s pretty normal but in my country in summer it gets pretty hot around here and i´m worried about that, i usually clean the pc like every two months and i was wondering if a change the thermal paste (the mx-4 i got in mind) or get an aftermarket cooler like the hyper tx3 which is perfect for my case.

there is two fan, one rear for exhaust 80mm and one at the side for intake 80mm too just above the videocard and the exhaust fan of the psu 135mm which is above in the case, you know, old case arch. i was thinking too in change the rear fan for a 120mm one, what do you think about it guys? :??: 

There is no need to change the thermal paste every time you clean the computer. Good quality thermal paste stays good for a pretty long time. I've taken apart heatsinks with Artic Silver after two years and there was no signs of drying out. In fact it looked as if it was just applied.

I would get a good aftermarket fan/heatsink like the Hyper 212 or Noctua.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Score
a b à CPUs
January 27, 2012 4:10:09 PM

the point is, that cooler is too long for my case, the tx3 fit well in it, i know that i don´t have to change the thermal paste so often in fact the mx-4 reclaim it last for about 8 years, i´m saying if in my case would be better to change the thermal paste or the cooler?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 146 à CPUs
January 27, 2012 4:16:45 PM

O I would say new fan/heatsink but if you want you can change the thermal paste anyway just to see if it does anything. I really don't know much about that fan/heatsink but the reviews don't seem that bad. The Hyper 212 is better but if it doesn't fit than I guess that one can't hurt

a c 77 à CPUs
January 27, 2012 5:00:53 PM

you could try now by changing the termal paste for mx 4 it gone lower the temp on the cpu,give more details about you case model and name so could look at the specs
Score
a b à CPUs
January 27, 2012 5:55:42 PM

well, my case got no brand as i can see, is a matx case so is little, got two fan slot in the left side (80mm) and just one in the rear (120mm) none in the front and the psu got to be in the superior side is an old case as it looks like.

it´s like 7 inch wide so the 212 cooler won´t fit there just the tx3.
Score
a b à CPUs
January 28, 2012 5:10:43 PM

Best answer selected by pit_1209.
Score
a b à CPUs
January 28, 2012 7:36:32 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!